Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Art Fawcett VS Hall of Fame

gamez32

One of the Regulars
These are my two latest from Art. They both are from the 1952 Mallory hat bodies batch that Art acquired. I'm sure the colors may not be everybody's taste but I love them. I have plenty of brown and grey hats, so I was looking for some unique colors and Art delivered. The first is like an apricot color paired with a grey ribbon. The second is a light teal body. I'm using a camera phone, so the pictures do not do the hats justice. Thanks, Art!

fedoralover

Call Me a Cab
I've known Art for more than a decade, but this is my first full custom hat from him(took me long enough, right?).

I've had a number of gray hats over the years, but the proportions have never been right and they've suffered damage and abuse that made them unpresentable. Since gray is a universal color, one shouldn't be without a gray hat, and I got tired of casting about the web for a vintage one that fit the bill. It's a job for Art! I bought an outstanding green fedora a few years back that has been a go-to due to how well it was proportioned to me. I figured if anyone could duplicate it in another color, it would be Art.

I got the conformer and swatches in the mail, picked out 'Blue Smoke', and mailed back the conformer and my green hat with a note on my specifications. The result is in, and I couldn't be happier.

01.jpg

How it arrived: Open crown - I'd told Art that the cruciform bash on the green hat was my preference, so he left that bit to me.

02.jpg

My bash, just after steam setting.

03.jpg

Look, ma! Twins!

04.jpg

Before steam setting the bash and snap; I like a tight pinch in the front and a very hard snap I like to call the 'SF Snap'; I and my friends local to the SF bay area bring the front of the brim LOW in front of the eyes.

05.jpg

There's that snap - gotta cover up one eye, it's the male equivalent of Veronica Lake's hair.

06.jpg

I am smiling. I'm also squinting.

07.jpg

Art's unmistakable bow; I got a dark gray ribbon instead of a black, just to set it apart from the usual gray hats.

08.jpg

The box was a surprise, I've had Art renovate a few hats, but they never arrived like this!

10.jpg

Looks good on the inside, too!

09.jpg

It's MINE.

Great Hats by Art. They look awesome on you. You can't go wrong getting a hat from Art. I love that bash, it's one of my favorites too.

fedoralover

AMGbullitt

Familiar Face
It is done. Just got off the phone with Art. Deposit sent. The process has begun. My first of what I expect will be many VS hats.

I am so excited.

VS, Wingnut major congrats. Incredible hats!!!

barrowjh

One Too Many
VS 100 Olive Drab 2 5/8 brim underwelt

A box arrived today from a friend far, far away. A VS 100 from one of those Merrimac felts for Mallory -

Hard to tell the real color when it is all alone - next post, introduce it to The Greens

barrowjh

One Too Many
VA 100 OD and The Greens

Ok, introducing the VS 100 to The Greens:

Here you can see the color a little better, the VS 100 is up on a block. Nearest hat, lower right, a Borsalino refurbed by Optimo, behind it is a Resistol Melorol. Two Barbisios in the back; the dark green velour refurbed by Optimo and the other is moth-eaten long-nap that I use for hiking. On the other side of the VS 100 is a Stetson 3XB in front and a Royal Stratoliner behind it.

from opposite corner, two Stetsons are closest in this pic.

Marching right at ya, Borso on the right, VS 100 in the middle, Stetson 3XB to the left.

One shot with that Barbisio velour in the foreground; luv that shark gill, really nice refurb by Optimo to get that right.

Will the VS 100 get along with the other greens? Only time will tell.

barrowjh

One Too Many
VS 100 OD - I Like It

\

Hard to get a decent shot with the logitech webcam with the February afternoon sun overpowering the incandescent lights.

I am liking this hat just fine, fits like a glove. It came with a nicely-done diamond crease but I have to pop up the middle of the crown to get above the crown of my own noggin, so I had to mess with it and it does not look like a diamond crease now.

I've known Art for more than a decade, but this is my first full custom hat from him(took me long enough, right?).

I've had a number of gray hats over the years, but the proportions have never been right and they've suffered damage and abuse that made them unpresentable. Since gray is a universal color, one shouldn't be without a gray hat, and I got tired of casting about the web for a vintage one that fit the bill. It's a job for Art! I bought an outstanding green fedora a few years back that has been a go-to due to how well it was proportioned to me. I figured if anyone could duplicate it in another color, it would be Art.

I got the conformer and swatches in the mail, picked out 'Blue Smoke', and mailed back the conformer and my green hat with a note on my specifications. The result is in, and I couldn't be happier.

Look, ma! Twins!

04.jpg

Before steam setting the bash and snap; I like a tight pinch in the front and a very hard snap I like to call the 'SF Snap'; I and my friends local to the SF bay area bring the front of the brim LOW in front of the eyes.

05.jpg

There's that snap - gotta cover up one eye, it's the male equivalent of Veronica Lake's hair.

06.jpg

I am smiling. I'm also squinting.

07.jpg

Art's unmistakable bow; I got a dark gray ribbon instead of a black, just to set it apart from the usual gray hats.

08.jpg

The box was a surprise, I've had Art renovate a few hats, but they never arrived like this!

10.jpg

Looks good on the inside, too!

09.jpg

It's MINE.

Nice to see you around here again. Definitely a good hat to have made. Congratulations!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Antonio925