Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Art Fawcett VS Hall of Fame

barrowjh

One Too Many
the Greens! oh forgive me

Oh, sin, left out 3 of my green hats and had to re-shoot -

Here is the VS 100 with ALL my green hats. the 3 I had left out accidentally - in the lower left is a Beaver Brand bowler (that I never wear), between it and the dark green Barbisio velour is a light olive that was refurbed by VS, and to the left of the bowler is an 80's Stetson c'boy hat that I SUBAR'd (softened up beyond all recognition). Some more shots of the whole bunch (the new VS 100 Olive Drab is elevated on a block):

all 10 greens, marching right at ya -

one pic w/o incandescent lighting

Raybuntu

Familiar Face
My first post here and I waited for a good occasion. And here it is: My first original Art Fawcett hat:
It's a Dove color beaver felt hat with a 6" open crown (hand creased by Art into a diamond shape). Approx. 2" wide ribbon.

Please excuse the bad light.

Thanks to Art for the great work and also thanks to thefedoralounge. I wouldn't have found Art without this Forum and the friendly people who share their knowledge and nice pictures of hats.

greetings from germany
Radi

Benzadmiral

Call Me a Cab
Resizing a '60s Borsalino

I posted this, possibly by mistake, in the VS Official Affiliate thread:

I've sent this '60s Borsalino . . .

Borsa_Savoy_6-7-8.JPG 100_1166.jpg

100_1167.jpg

. . . to Art for an upsizing from 6 7/8 to 7. I was hoping for a narrower ribbon, but he tells me there's a definite line of fading where the old ribbon has been for ~50 years. So, same width; I'm hoping he can do me a dark blue ribbon with some of his signature trim; and I'll have a charcoal hat I don't have to wedge onto my head!

NewJack

Practically Family
+1! Simon, you're hitting the jackpot as of late aren't ya?

I have the gentleman of the lounge to thank for this, Rogera! Difficult to find vintage lids in my noggin size (between 71/2 & 7 5/8). Although it could be a bit costly, it's oh so worth to have them created from scratch!

NewJack

Practically Family
I like the green/crimson combo! Green is one color that's not in my hat palette and I'm trying to figure out if I could wear it or not....

jlee563: Never thought about the green family of colors either. So, I took a chance and had one created because there simply aren't that many green family lids out there...especially for my large noggin...:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grateful Fred