Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Art Fawcett VS Hall of Fame

johnnycanuck

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Latest addition to the collection

1.jpg

the collection..... so farlol

5.jpg

Johnny

Jabos

A-List Customer
1.jpg

That hat, sir, is a home run in my book. I think the colors and ribbon put it in my top 5 all time Art list, the kind of hat that leaves you shaking your head in awe. That is something to be proud of!!!!:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Jabos

A-List Customer
Well, here she is, the last lightweight granite. I finally let Art loose on the ribbon and told him just to work his magic. I think he did. This hat was inspired by St. Ignatz. The ribbon is olive with a light grey accent. This felt is much softer than my other lightweight in natural. I love it. Again, thanks Art!!!
IMG_4908.jpg

IMG_4903.jpg

Bluesman61

Familiar Face
Jabos,

GREAT HAT!!!!! I'm so jealous that you got the last granite lightweight. That is without a doubt one of the finest hats I've ever seen! Congratulations and great job Art!

Jay

univibe88

One Too Many
Bluesman61 said:
Jabos,

GREAT HAT!!!!! I'm so jealous that you got the last granite lightweight. That is without a doubt one of the finest hats I've ever seen! Congratulations and great job Art!

Jay

I agree! I am very jealous of that gorgeous hat.

Jabos

A-List Customer
Thanks, but like Art told me his regular weight felts are relatively thin anyway. Compared to my silverbelly in regular weight this isn't that much thinner. Also, he can now do an over or underwelt with regular weight, so don't feel like you've missed out with the lightweight. Thanks for the kind words.

DRB

One Too Many
Congratulations Jabos ! So you got the last lightweight granite. He still has other granites right? Like classic weight granite perhaps?

That is a beautiful hat. How does it feel when you put it on? Did the conformer capture your head dimensions properly?

How about a noggin shot? I am a real fan of that color.

Congratulations to you and also Art Fawcett.

johnnycanuck

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Nice looking lid there Jabos. Great ribbon work as well. I know my granite has got a lot of use over the years, I am sure you will get lots of use out of yours.;)
Johnny

Jabos

A-List Customer
DRB said:
Congratulations Jabos ! So you got the last lightweight granite. He still has other granites right? Like classic weight granite perhaps?

That is a beautiful hat. How does it feel when you put it on? Did the conformer capture your head dimensions properly?

How about a noggin shot? I am a real fan of that color.

Congratulations to you and also Art Fawcett.
I will work on a noggin shot and a better pic of the ribbon. I thought I was a good photographer until I tried to take photos like Daizawaguy, then I realize how good he is at photographing his hats.

This is my third VS and it fits like an old glove. The conformer works like a charm. When I purchased my first VS I had not worn a fedora before so I messed up the circumference measurement (too small). I got it right by the second. Art definitely has granite regular weight as a staple color of his collection. It is just an issue with his felter about the lightweight felts. This granite color is wonderful.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner