Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Art Fawcett VS Hall of Fame

buler

I'll Lock Up
Musashi said:
The Black Cherry has arrived, Its Beautiful. I gotta find some time, hopefully tonight, to take some photos.

I will say this.. The color is very nice. Not at all overstated. It looks classy.

Now to dig for pics on how the hat in "Public Enemies' was bashed.. I watched half the movie last night and everything was so muted tonally for style that i could not see the hat enough to get a good look at the bash!

See here: PublicEnemiesScreenshots

B

Musashi

One of the Regulars
Art Fawcett said:
The pics I used show a center dent with soft roll front pinches Musashi, but, I sent it creased..it should fall right back into place with slight pressure Sir.

It arrived creased, Thanks! I just wanted to check the reference material to see how close it was to the movie pics. I'm not sure it will STAY like the movie but i thought that'd be a good start. :)

Q: What does 'Soft roll' front pinch mean?

I cannot thank you enough for this awesome, awesome hat!
FYI I get compliments on the Mojave all the time. Got one today in fact!

I have bought some fabric for backdrop and a pier one 'glass head' to see about setting up to take some photos.

Musashi

One of the Regulars
Shots of Black Cherry

4797745721_95f89a1cae_b.jpg

4798376486_56153cc6cf_b.jpg

4797744533_f612fb6973_b.jpg

4798376274_e76609e7ce_b.jpg

4798375536_4c1a00cb32_b.jpg

4798375274_445ca7ca20_b.jpg

4798375034_41a25748ca_b.jpg

Delthayre

One of the Regulars
One and a half years... how much longer must I wait~!?

That's stunning and probably one of the most exciting hats that I've seen in this thread. I love deep, rich reds like that. The color is superb in every quality and the ribbon complements it handsomely. I admire the classic crease and quite nice arrangement of the pictures too.

If dark cherry ever becomes available in lightweight felt (and I $305 of disposable funds), I shall send an order off like a shot! Heck, that might not even stop me.

Very satisfactory.

Musashi

One of the Regulars
Delthayre said:
Very satisfactory.

I've very satisfied as well. Art is my hero at the moment. :)

Gotta get some shots wearing it, but those are hard to take a good one of by yourself. I always feel self conscious taking my own picture. I did a photo set like this for my VS Mojave but i figure i'll put it up in a day or two. Dont want to flood the thread with pics.

I bought the backdrop and the glass head tonite, and i had to throw in my winter coat and gloves to give it that 'gangster' vibe. I wish i had had a bottle of Jack Daniels around. I have absinthe but that doesn't quite fit the theme.

Neophyte

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Black Cherry and Oxblood seem to be my favorite colors so far.

Anyone have a good looking VS in a green color? I've a green Akubra Squatter, and I find dark green to be extremely versatile.

kaosharper1

One Too Many
Neophyte said:
Anyone have a good looking VS in a green color? I've a green Akubra Squatter, and I find dark green to be extremely versatile.

There are plenty in this thread. Search on "moss." Also, Art's web site has a few examples, particularly the Sportaire.

The Black Cherry looks great, and actually looks closer to the Optimo oxblood than the VS oxblood, or is that my imagination? BC looks a like it has a little more black in it. Love it.

The proportions look great, as usual. What are they?

daizawaguy

Call Me a Cab
Without a doubt, the previous page contains two of the finest hats - one of historical significance, and one of current production - that exist today in my humble opinion. Musashi, you are a very fortunate man to have such a masterpiece in your pocession. The fact that it is avaliable to any of us extends that honor to each of us...thanks Art:eusa_clap

DSC_0135.jpg

4798376486_56153cc6cf_b.jpg

fluteplayer07

One Too Many
I gasped out loud when I rolled down that page and saw it. My praise can't get much higher than that. I think Art out-Optimo'd Optimo.

D'Guy, :arated:

Jabos

A-List Customer
I recall posting some time ago on this thread something to the effect of "The masses want oxblood" (referring to the Public Enemies hat color) and Art has now come through. Thanks Art for doing this for us! I will be in line as soon as possible for one! Optimo-Shmoptimo!!!:p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner