Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Art Fawcett VS Hall of Fame

coble

A-List Customer
saving my pennies

i have been contemplating what kind of hat i want Art to make me. I am coming close to the conclusion. I finally got a job, getting my first big paycheck and finally starting on putting money away for my Art hat. I'll post a drawing on a new entry, maybe get some ideas from everyone on the lounge. I will put photos up tomorrow of my idea. I watched the movie "The Ring of Fear." if you haven't seen this movie its an entertaining show. It has very classic fedoras in it as well. The one the main detective wears is stunning, i'm thinking the crown with it dropping in the back with a nice crease in the front would be amazing. Like i said drawings coming soon.
I'll be talking to you Art around Oct. Can't wait to make the plunge. This will be my christmas present to myself.

Bluesman61

Familiar Face
Lightweight Silvermist VS

I recently received this beauty from Art. I told Art that I wanted a hat to wear to Auburn University football games this fall. With early fall being particularly warm here, I decided on a lightweight Silvermist felt. The ribbon is navy blue with grey and silver accents on the "chevron" ribbon treatment. For a little extra flair I asked Art to write "War Eagle" on the sweatband. Art created a truly unique and great looking hat that was just what I wanted! I will now be one of the best dressed fans in the stands this fall! Thanks Art!!!

DSC03261.jpg

DSC03262.jpg

DSC03263.jpg

DSC03264.jpg

DSC03272.jpg

DSC03269.jpg

:D

Jabos

A-List Customer
Hey Bluesman, I think it is pretty gutsy to wear it to the football games. I've thought of wearing one to the OU games, but never had the nerve. I'd like one as a tribute to our icon Bud Wilkinson, who in the '50s was known for his grey fedora on the sidelines. In those pics of the stands in the '50s it is a sea of fedoras. So, let us know the reaction you get in the stands. You consider a pin? Don't know if it would work with the chevron pattern. Georgous hat.

Bluesman61

Familiar Face
Jabos said:
Hey Bluesman, I think it is pretty gutsy to wear it to the football games. I've thought of wearing one to the OU games, but never had the nerve. I'd like one as a tribute to our icon Bud Wilkinson, who in the '50s was known for his grey fedora on the sidelines. In those pics of the stands in the '50s it is a sea of fedoras. So, let us know the reaction you get in the stands. You consider a pin? Don't know if it would work with the chevron pattern. Georgous hat.

We'll see how it goes. I might just wear it for the tailgate party beforehand. I would hate for someone to spill bourbon and Coke on it!

Mikeymex

New in Town
The new Arts are here! The new Arts are here!

I rekindled my love and use of hats earlier this year. Finding the Lounge was part of that. I had already planned a vacation back in the USA and thought it would be perfect timing to buy a few.

I am just back from vacation where I picked up my first ever creations by Art. Like most of you, it seems they will not be my last . . .

I got father / son felts as a present to my dad (and to me, of course!) and had Art recondition a Panama that I had purchased from PHD that came with dubious finishing. It came back a new hat; reblocked, a new ribbon (burgundy with a blue/gray accent) and sweatband. It is now much more worthy than before.

The felts:

Dad's: Light sage (I think) dress weight. Full ribbon welting. 3 in. brim and lower crown (unsure of dimensions). Thin darker "moss" ribbon with light accent.

Mine: Sahara featherweight. Underwelt. 2.75 in. brim and 5 in. crown. Prebashed with a diamond crown. 1 in. ribbon with one of Art's signature treatments.

I have the Loungers to blame for my reckless spending!!! THANK YOU ALL!

Once I recover financially from these . . . I'll be back for more!

P8136861_m.jpg

P7306603_m.jpg

P7306604_m.jpg

softouch

New in Town
Mikeymex said:
I rekindled my love and use of hats earlier this year. Finding the Lounge was part of that. I had already planned a vacation back in the USA and thought it would be perfect timing to buy a few.

I am just back from vacation where I picked up my first ever creations by Art. Like most of you, it seems they will not be my last . . .

I got father / son felts as a present to my dad (and to me, of course!) and had Art recondition a Panama that I had purchased from PHD that came with dubious finishing. It came back a new hat; reblocked, a new ribbon (burgundy with a blue/gray accent) and sweatband. It is now much more worthy than before.

The felts:

Dad's: Light sage (I think) dress weight. Full ribbon welting. 3 in. brim and lower crown (unsure of dimensions). Thin darker "moss" ribbon with light accent.

Mine: Sahara featherweight. Underwelt. 2.75 in. brim and 5 in. crown. Prebashed with a diamond crown. 1 in. ribbon with one of Art's signature treatments.

I have the Loungers to blame for my reckless spending!!! THANK YOU ALL!

Once I recover financially from these . . . I'll be back for more!

P8136861_m.jpg

P7306603_m.jpg

P7306604_m.jpg

Great hats! Father son idea is very nice too. That is a beautiful ribbon on the Sahara.

animator

One of the Regulars
Bluesman -I love that hat!

MickeyMex -what a great way to honor your dad. My hats off to you.

Coble -congratulations on the job! They are hard to come by right now.

W4ASZ

Practically Family
Bluesman -

Speaking as a Friend who is a double graduate from another SEC school, let me advise you to take the greatest care of that fine lid. I can imagine horrible things transpiring at the hands of the Unwashed. :eek:

Mikeymex

New in Town
Isn't that always the inner strife; I don't want to wear it so it doesn't get beat up . . . and . . . I want to wear it everywhere!

Great hat Bluesman.

dwebber18

One of the Regulars
I too just commissioned my first hat from Art, I should receive the conformer this week. While in NYC last week I went to Worth & Worth and JJ Hatcenter to try on some hats and work on some details. After feeling some of their rabbit hats, especially the over priced Borsalinos I have decided my money is better spent on a beaver Art hat. I think I'd like a 2.5" with a C-crown, but unsure of the height. I also think I'd like it in a shade of taupe. I tried on grey, tan, brown, chocolate, charcoal, and taupe. I think the taupe would be my best bet as its a little grey, a little brown, and a little olive and I think as my only fur fedora it would serve me well. The only part I have no idea about is ribbon size, color and style. I like Art's inlaid knot on the ribbon with a different color or also his chevron style for something a bit unique and classy. Guess we'll see when I get the conformer and the felt samples to really make my decision.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran