Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Art Fawcett VS Hall of Fame

Rat Pack

One of the Regulars
For those of you who are waiting for your first call, I just need to say it's worth the wait. Art is a great guy and a real pleasure to talk too.

I got a lot of great ideas for my first two VS hats from all the pics in this massive thread. So thanks for all the ideas.

Now the real wait begins.

DRB

One Too Many
:)
cookie said:
Great hats even perfection d-guy but time for you to branch out to wider brimmed adult hats now me old son....:D

Different cultures respect different ideas. d'guy lives in Japan. Not too many people wear wide brims there. Where you are, there seem to be a lot of people that favor wider brims. Personally, I just wear what pleases me in my ripe old age.:)

dwebber18

One of the Regulars
Yeah it was this thread that helped me pick out the style for my hat and options for the ribbon. I think I sent Art 8 pictures of different hats off this thread for reference, haha.

Barrelhouse

One of the Regulars
Herzen's has a new hat!

Wow, not only is that a beautiful hat (that phase is getting sort of redundant on this thread) but it looks wonderful on you, the proportions are just right.

Bravo sir :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Herzen said:
Cross posted from New Hats thread.
My new work of Art arrived today. In Sahara, with 5 3/4 crown and 2 3/4 bound brim.
Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Very nice, Herzen. The look suits you well, and despite the fantastic ribbon work Art does, I still like the traditional bow.

Kkaderly

One of the Regulars
Great looking hat!!

Herzen ... that hat looks great on you!!! I agree it fits your face perfectly .... congrats to you and :eusa_clap to Art!!!

DRB

One Too Many
D'guy, one last question regarding your last work of Artissimo. If you pop out the crown (open crown), how tall is the hat open crowned?

I apologize if this is way too many questions.

CRH

Call Me a Cab
danofarlington said:
Very snappy hat. BTW, a 2 3/4 brim in my book is a big brim, but on you in the photo, it looks like a 2 1/2. You definitely need that wide brim.

Some guys can wear anything they damn well please and Herzen is one of them. :eusa_clap

Attitude and confidence count. :D

Love the new one Herzen!

Crazy Legs

Familiar Face
Only one Art Fawcett...for now

IMG_0504.jpg
[/IMG]

I have been inspired by all of the hats I have seen here in the Fedora Lounge and especially in the Art Fawcett Hall of Fame. Because of this I ordered a Sportaire in the Whiskey color and Art did the rest. I believe it is a 5 3/4'' crown and 2 3/4 brim with a teardrop bash by Art.

IMG_0507.jpg

I have already put in my next order to Art. After a consultation with my wife of 31 years we decided on something like a Silver mist.

IMG_0513.jpg

This last one may not belong here but it is my Stenson Temple. I just wanted to share. This is a great Forum.

Sam Craig

One Too Many
OK

I'm undoubtedly restating the obvious here, but scan through some of these pages and you have got to ask yourself ... Are these the absolutely greatest ribbon treatments ever seen on hats, or what?

There is both richness of color and texture, plus amazing designs.

WOW, is an understatement!:eusa_clap

Sam

DRB

One Too Many
Crazy Legs, your new VS in whiskey is beautiful. I am sure you will grow to love it even more as every day goes by.

You seem to be a natural for wearing fedoras. You look great in the Stetson Temple, in fact, I put you in my library of excellent examples of Temples.

The Silver Mist will look good with that lighter colored suit in your first picture.

Welcome!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot