Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Art Fawcett VS Hall of Fame

smoothsailor

One of the Regulars
This is how I roll with my son and my vs silver belly
IMG_2007_edited-1_zpseb3fbf17.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

dnjan

One Too Many
VS Semi-Caledo Dualist

Back in December I contacted Art to get a Semi-Caledo Dualist. I think this triggered a world-wide shortage of Semi-Caledo hat bodies, as I got a message from Art in April apologizing and telling me he still hadn't been able to get the straw body.
Then a message in May saying that PanamaBob had come through and he was expecting a shipment.

Yesterday the hat arrived:
VS-S-C-D-table1.jpg

Closer view:
VS-S-C-D-ribbon1.jpg

And finally, wearing the hat:
VS-S-C-D1c.jpg

Not only a beautiful hat, in the exact understated way I requested, but also nice and cool for the heat.
I wore it to walk in to work this morning (temp in the 60's), and my head was a bit cold.
Plan to take this hat with for an upcoming trip with my wife to Italy

Thanks Art!

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
Perfect for Italy and a excellent straw hat. In the south more dry warm, center and north more wet and sweaty.
Good trip in my country hoping the summer will be "acceptable" for the heat.

dnjan

One Too Many
Perfect for Italy and a excellent straw hat. In the south more dry warm, center and north more wet and sweaty.
Good trip in my country hoping the summer will be "acceptable" for the heat.
We'll be further north - starting in Venice, getting as far south as Sienna, and finishing in Milan.

I felt a bit of personal pressure to have something the Milanese hat-wearers would respect.

dnjan

One Too Many
Don that is a great lid. I love Semi -Caledo 's nad yes you did cause the shortage of them. You must keep it down as its hot and the world needs to have cool heads.:)

Thanks!
Art had two more Semi-Caledo bodies, though I assume they have been claimed by now. I assume they will eventually be posted on this forum as well.

Rabbit

Call Me a Cab
Don, this is a wonderful VS! Congratulations to you and Art.

Is the brim edge overwelted or raw? It's nicely done.

dnjan

One Too Many
Thank you!
Edge is raw, with just the pencil-roll. However, it appears he did some sanding (or something), as it has a rounded edge, not a typical straight cut edge.

daizawaguy

Call Me a Cab
Back in December I contacted Art to get a Semi-Caledo Dualist. I think this triggered a world-wide shortage of Semi-Caledo hat bodies, as I got a message from Art in April apologizing and telling me he still hadn't been able to get the straw body.
Then a message in May saying that PanamaBob had come through and he was expecting a shipment.

Yesterday the hat arrived:
VS-S-C-D-table1.jpg

Closer view:
VS-S-C-D-ribbon1.jpg

And finally, wearing the hat:
VS-S-C-D1c.jpg

Not only a beautiful hat, in the exact understated way I requested, but also nice and cool for the heat.
I wore it to walk in to work this morning (temp in the 60's), and my head was a bit cold.
Plan to take this hat with for an upcoming trip with my wife to Italy

Thanks Art!

Epitome of perfection and individual style!

Last edited:

kaosharper1

One Too Many
We'll be further north - starting in Venice, getting as far south as Sienna, and finishing in Milan.

I felt a bit of personal pressure to have something the Milanese hat-wearers would respect.

Great hat! I was n Milan in April with my midnight blue "Stendahl" and I received many nice complements. Art's craftsmans ship and artistry were recognized!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran