Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Art Fawcett VS Hall of Fame

EliasRDA

One of the Regulars
I checked out that link DJH, thanks.

I'm just wondering how red the black cherry or oxblood really are. Reds on a ginger can be murder or they can look really good, depending on shading &/or brightness. I really like both of them but the blue smoke was interesting also.

At this time it will be hard to do the price but it seems many are major fans of his hats, wonder what the line/wait time on them are right now.

Rabbit

Call Me a Cab
Charlie, your new mahoot is a great hat, I envy you. I think mahoot would be a great addition to the other "unconventional" dark colors of Art's felts, black cherry and oxblood.

SpeedRcrX, great choice of color! Looks like old rose to me, with a slight peach undertone.
I believe mauve usually refers to a pale purple even though the name doesn't imply the paleness.

For those who are trying to find the right felt color, here is a direct comparison of Silvermist, Silverbelly, Dove & Blue Smoke, the lighter grey felts.

Dark Arcane

New in Town
Thank you kindly for posting this. The felt samples should be coming by the end of the week or so, and those will be most helpful. It's funny how, depending on the photo, the same color can look quite different in different shots. They all appeal to me in different ways.

I've got a dark brown Robert Kirk, and an Open Road in natural, I believe? So I'm thinking either a light brown/ beige or thereabouts, like Sahara, Or I may go with something in the grey/blue spectrum. I love the Blue Smoke. But sage looks great, steel rocks, sunset is terrific, the list goes on. I like hearing peoples' opinions.

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
Mauve? In French it means purple. I think it leans more toward orange tones than purple tones.

But let's ask Art about the color of this felt.

So Art what color is this??

Oh my, the color on the felt was originally called "coffeetone". It's a brown with a lot of red in it and one I might have duplicated. I really like the color.I'm trying to upload a better pic but it won't let me for some reason

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Charlie, that Mahoot is truly amazing. Whatever that color reflects, it seems to fit right in with my favorite and rare fedora colors like "Eggplant, Plum, Oxblood," etc., that have a lot of grey or brown with purples and reds.

SpeedRcrX, can't wait to see what comes of yours too!

I used to have this Lee Trinity. It was my favorite Lee, in this very difficult to describe and photograph color. It was an amazing hat, two sizes too big, so I sold it. But I think I'd get in line soon as funds permitted if this color could be recreated.

dellsvacation2011034_zps954bcd36.jpg

001_zps77833fe4.jpg

0152_zps9280a7b4.jpg

Last edited:

SpeedRcrX

One Too Many
Oh my, the color on the felt was originally called "coffeetone". It's a brown with a lot of red in it and one I might have duplicated. I really like the color.I'm trying to upload a better pic but it won't let me for some reason

Hey it's perfect for a coffee junkie like me! XD

Rabbit

Call Me a Cab

I had trouble with the upload feature before, too. The old method of linking to an imagehoster still works best for me. Besides, the pics show up in a larger frame without having to open them in a new tab.

This color definitely looks worth duplicating to me. Judging from the pics that have been posted so far, it look like it's in between chocolate and oxblood with some undefinable undertones added.
Another beautiful non-black, non-chocolate dark color - I love those hard-to-define color mixes!

The Mahoot is, according Art, quite similar to the new "lite" black cherry felt color. I don't own one of those black cherries, but I now understand the wide versatility of the color, if that's the case.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart