Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Art Fawcett VS Hall of Fame

smoothsailor

One of the Regulars
Mustang, you probably end up with multiple vs hats with all the specs you keep changing for the first one.
Thanks Art , yes almost time for him to queue up.
Thank u speedRcrX and thank u Daizawaguy, you are amongst the ones that convinced me to get hats from Art

dnjan

One Too Many
. . . Don, I'm afraid if I put it up I wouldn't be able to get the bodies consistently so I hesitate.
Yes, I kind of remember that semi caledo body being a stress factor for you!
So I guess now it is only the 30-some thousand people who read FL who will be aware of it.

Mustang

One of the Regulars
Mustang, you probably end up with multiple vs hats with all the specs you keep changing for the first one.

I have a "bad" feeling that you're right on the money. I really like the hats he's made for you by the way. Yes, I think I remember every photo and every name associated with every photo in this thread now. lol

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Did someone say semi-caledo VS?

D31_8274-L.jpg

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Starting not too long after I joined this forum, I've wanted to have Art make me a hat, but I was always afraid to do so, for fear that in my ignorance, I'd end up with a hat I really didn't want. So I waited, and waited, and waited...
And then finally, a month ago, I decided it was time. I felt I knew what I liked and wanted, and was confident enough to take the plunge. So I paid my deposit, got the conformer, and now I'm waiting my turn. In the meantime, I've changed my mind on the felt color, ribbon color, ribbon width, brim width, brim edge more times than I can count. I've went through this thread so many times, looking at pictures, reading comments (not to mention other threads as well), trying to make sure I think of everything. Art has refined the art of torture! Don't know how much longer I can hold out lol . Seriously though, I'm glad it's taking some time, because the overwhelming feeling I had when I first returned the conformer is gone, and I feel confident once again. :cheers1:

Hi, Mustang. I must say that I can feel your pain: don't forget, though, that you're in the best possible hands. When I ordered my straw from Art last year I went through the same thing, but after I showed him the basic style I liked from a picture on Etsy I figured it would be best to just let him work his magic. The hat I received far exceeded my expectations and looks like no other I've seen.

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I should add that last night I was getting out of my car on a dark side-street here in Miami when a car went past and then did a U-turn. I thought I was done for. The guy pulled up next to me and rolled down his window and said, "Aw, excuse me, but where'd you get that hat? It's sick!" I gave him Art's card.

I should add that last night I was getting out of my car on a dark side-street here in Miami when a car went past and then did a U-turn. I thought I was done for. The guy pulled up next to me and rolled down his window and said, "Aw, excuse me, but where'd you get that hat? It's sick!" I gave him Art's card.

Now that's funny.

Mustang

One of the Regulars
Hi, Mustang. I must say that I can feel your pain: don't forget, though, that you're in the best possible hands. When I ordered my straw from Art last year I went through the same thing, but after I showed him the basic style I liked from a picture on Etsy I figured it would be best to just let him work his magic. The hat I received far exceeded my expectations and looks like no other I've seen.

Thank you for the reassurance. I have absolutely no doubt in Art's ability.

That is pretty remarkable!

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate

Now THAT is classic!!!! Thank you Sir

hulkamad

Familiar Face
I had Art make this Black Cherry for me back in 2012 and I can't believe I never posted any pics of it on here. I know I took some pictures of it after a I got it, I must have just forgot to post them. Here are some nice pictures of it from today.

We've had quite a bit of rain the past over the past few weeks and today was no exception, so you can see the hat got wet (but my head didn't.) After the rain quit, the light outside was what I think photographers refer to as "the magic hour" because the lighting was just perfect, so I snapped some pics with my camera phone.

One selfie

I believe this black cherry is from Art's original run of this color and it is certainly one of the most exceptional hats I have ever seen or owned. The color is unparalleled. As for the bow treatment, I told Art I wanted something "minimalist" and he delivered.

I haven't "named" this hat like my previous VS creation, probably because I haven't found a name adequately grandiose enough to match its color. I just call it the black cherry.

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
I had Art make this Black Cherry for me back in 2012 and I can't believe I never posted any pics of it on here. I know I took some pictures of it after a I got it, I must have just forgot to post them. Here are some nice pictures of it from today.

We've had quite a bit of rain the past over the past few weeks and today was no exception, so you can see the hat got wet (but my head didn't.) After the rain quit, the light outside was what I think photographers refer to as "the magic hour" because the lighting was just perfect, so I snapped some pics with my camera phone.

One selfie

I believe this black cherry is from Art's original run of this color and it is certainly one of the most exceptional hats I have ever seen or owned. The color is unparalleled. As for the bow treatment, I told Art I wanted something "minimalist" and he delivered.

I haven't "named" this hat like my previous VS creation, probably because I haven't found a name adequately grandiose enough to match its color. I just call it the black cherry.

That Black Cherry is just abt perfect!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusa80