Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Art Fawcett VS Hall of Fame

Neil

A-List Customer
Art's Panamas

I see a lot of you guys have panamas from Art Fawcett. So how does that work? Do you buy a blank hat from somebody like Panama Bob first, then have it shipped to Art, which I understand is possible? Or were these hats you already owned?

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Neil said:
I see a lot of you guys have panamas from Art Fawcett. So how does that work? Do you buy a blank hat from somebody like Panama Bob first, then have it shipped to Art, which I understand is possible? Or were these hats you already owned?

I have an Art blocked panama that I bought from Robert and didn't like the block. I asked Art to reblock it, replace the ribbon and shorten the brim which he graciously accepted.

It started out like this:

IMG_0139.jpg

and Art changed it to this:

IMG_0168.jpg

You might call Art to ask if he has any blanks. I understand that he often has some.

Neil

A-List Customer
Hey. . . . .

Your Panama is just what I'm looking for. Nice crown, although being really really tall, I wouldn't have buggered with the brim.
I don't suppose you're a 7 5/8, are you?

BobC

Neil said:
Your Panama is just what I'm looking for. Nice crown, although being really really tall, I wouldn't have buggered with the brim.
I don't suppose you're a 7 5/8, are you?

Nope, this hat is a 7 3/8 and it's a little too big for me. I'm closer to a 7 1/4 and a bit of a long oval. Art told me I'm an egg oval. I wonder if he meant egg head? lol I'm sure Art can fix you up though.

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
Bob, that panama looks really great. Amazing transformation. I hope one day I can justify getting one, but the climate is such here that I wear my felts all year round.

BobC

:eek:
handlebar bart said:
Bob, that panama looks really great. Amazing transformation. I hope one day I can justify getting one, but the climate is such here that I wear my felts all year round.

I wish I could wear felts all year round. I prefer them by far, but it's way too hot and humid here in the summer.

Thanks, Karl. I feel better knowing I'm not alone. :eek:

Colby Jack

Call Me a Cab
handlebar bart said:
Ha!...I knew it!...Washington State is the felt hat wearers Eden!:eusa_clap :D

carter

I'll Lock Up
Neil, Thanks for asking that question.

BobC. Thanks for posting your AF reblocked, rebrimmed, reribboned Panama. I have one from Panama Bob that is exactly like the one you had Art reengineer. Now I know what to do to make it a Panama that I'll actually wear rather than keep in a box in the closet. It looks TERRIFIC! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap
IMG_0168.jpg

BobC

Thanks, carter. It's like a differeent hat altogether. And here's the cool part. At the time I had done no business with Art at all. He agreed to take my hat because it was a Panama Bob hat. Now, I have done business with him and he has made me a work of Art, the first he's made for me, but not the last.

maintcoder

A-List Customer
?

mike said:
Art Fawcett Jazzman! :D
Picture50.png

That's a great looking hat, Mike... but I have to ask, what's the deal with the octopus on the headstone? It looks like HP Lovecraft's headstone at that...

mike

Call Me a Cab
Colby Jack said:
Those are all great shots...I love the one with all of you on the couch...:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Thanks! We stayed overnight at the Lizzie Borden House :eek:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner