Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Art Fawcett VS Hall of Fame

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
dostacos said:
yes, I just received the head size thing, used it and shipped it back! the BAD news is I asked for the hat to be finished and shipped in MAY :eek: [birthday/30th anniversary gift} so now I gots ta WAIT :(

You sir, have nerves of steel

univibe88

One Too Many
This thread should never slip off the first page!

My latest Work of Art was inspired by the follow on the far right:
04detectivesOLDspan.jpg

I liked the 30's styling of the tall, straight crown but with a shorter brim.

I was also inspired by a thick, Whippet style brim binding. In the "Whippet Dimensions" thread, Art said "Most Whippet's are 5 3/4 crown, 18 ligne ribbon, 2 1/2 brim bound in 9 ligne but the crown height did vary as well as the brim width."

I have been wanting a Whiskey felt ever since I ordered my first Work of Art. So I asked Art to make me a Whiskey Whippet with a 5 3/4" crown, contrasting 18 ligne ribbon and wide brim binding, with a 2 3/8" brim and black liner.

I wanted the shortish brim to even further accentuate the tall crown.

I am very pleased with the taller crown and center dent. My 5.5" with a diamond crease sits on top of my head and rides a smidge high over my ears. This hat sits where I want it to and doesn't sit on my ears.

Also, I think that Art waits until you get your 3rd hat before he sends you the really good felts. ;) This is my 3rd hat and this felt is really something special.

DSC_0024.jpg

DSC_0025.jpg

DSC_0027.jpg

DSC_0019.jpg

seed

Familiar Face
Nice as always. I'm wondering if anyone can post a pic of one Art's in rust color...preferably one where it is being worn. I like the color, but am unsure how it will look while being worn. And I'm an unsure about what color clothes with which it would go.

The hat looks just great on its lonesome, Karl. But atop your noggin it really comes alive. Looks like a marriage made in heaven.

I s'pose there's a good reason that Whippets were so popular in their day and remain among the more-coveted lids among today's vintage-hat aficionados. It's a nice, timeless look. What you have there takes the best of that look and improves on it.

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Excellent Karl and Art. I love the color, both felt and ribbon.

Art's samples are sitting on our dining room table, and every morning as I sip my coffee I look through them trying to convince myself that I NEED another VS Custom. I'm sure I do.

dostacos

Practically Family
BobC said:
Excellent Karl and Art. I love the color, both felt and ribbon.

Art's samples are sitting on our dining room table, and every morning as I sip my coffee I look through them trying to convince myself that I NEED another VS Custom. I'm sure I do.
Jedi mind trick on"you need a new hat, order now, you need a new hat...." Jedi mind trick off...

Torpedo

One Too Many
Hi,

Very fine hat! And whiskey is a great colour!

This has reminded me I did not update this thread with my own Whiskey VS, which I presented in December in its own thread...

DSC_0087.jpg

DSC_0091.jpg

DSC_0108.jpg

DSC_0093.jpg

DSC_0107.jpg

DSC_0094.jpg

DSC_0095.jpg

This one has dark green trimmings, with some dark brown accent in the bow, 6'' tall crown, 2 1/2'' brim. C-Crown crease.

Regards!

carter

I'll Lock Up

seed

Familiar Face
Thanks Carter. And I did see the pics from the other thread. Awesome hat. To avoid drift though, I revived that old thread with a pertinent (to that thread) question over there.

Does anybody else have rust-colored Art Fawcett's?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner