Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Artwork Featuring Hats

Unknown artist

Screen-Shot-2019-02-24-at-10.02.42-PM.png

Pulp illustration of James L. "Whispering" Smith (1838 - 1914), ruthless lawman, railroad detective, stock detective, & some accounts say Pinkerton Agent. Moved around a lot in his career as he worked best with less supervision & fewer witnesses. Got into a personal feud with Bat Masterson in Denver which almost culminated in a shootout, when Masterson was running illegal fight clubs.

IMG_1658.JPG

Pulp illustration by Bob Boze Bell of Sammy Wells (aka Charlie Pitts) moments before he died in the Hanska Slough, Sept 1876. Wells was the youngest son of George Washington Wells, an early noncombatant victim killed by Union troops. It is said that Sammy carried that chip on his shoulder of losing his father while growing up & it probably led to him being in the Slough that day.

IMG_1943.JPG

Standing up in bravado to intimidate your enemy looks good in movies but rarely works out in real life I would think.

^^^^pretty darn amazing art!

Enjoyed seeing those, Jack.
I really like the one of Doc Holiday in the red vest & the one of Graham Greene. I didn't learn until just recently that Val Kilmer has throat cancer. His portrayal in Tombstone might be his best work ever. I may have to buy prints of those two paintings.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
islamicjankari