Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Artwork Featuring Hats

I really enjoy listening to Mandolin Orange, but unfortunately they frequently adopt political and religious views into their songs that I don't appreciate. That seems to be the trend with many entertainers (especially college-educated ones) these days. I'm not making a comment on this song, slavery, or The War of Northern Aggression specifically, just their views in general.
Yeah, I just try to enjoy the music. I really like Willie Nelson, and I just listened to his book "Tao of Willie". Some of it I was OK with, other parts I didn't agree. His music tends to be less political though.
Some entertainers, I don't like their politics or their music, so that's easy, I just ignore those.

Woodtroll

One Too Many
Yeah, I just try to enjoy the music. I really like Willie Nelson, and I just listened to his book "Tao of Willie". Some of it I was OK with, other parts I didn't agree. His music tends to be less political though.
Some entertainers, I don't like their politics or their music, so that's easy, I just ignore those.

:D Yeah, Willie's a tough one, too. Got to love most of his music, though, and especially his distinctive guitar style.

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Impressionist Sherree Valentine Daines:
svd1.jpg svd2.jpg svd3.jpg svd4.jpg svd5.jpg svd6.jpg svd7.jpg svd8.jpg svd9.jpg

Was looking through the series of sixteen paintings that were done by Cassius Marcellus Coolidge (1844 - 1934) of dogs playing poker to try and remember which one my Grandma had on the wall.

https://www.dogsplayingpoker.org/gallery/coolidge/

Thought @Hurricane Jack might appreciate this one.

cassius-marcellus-kelly-pool-l.jpg

Pretty sure this was the one Grandma had.

pinched_with_four_aces.jpg

The artist:

10486199_132646632689.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner