Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Artwork Featuring Hats

40Cal

One Too Many
I've said it before and I'll say it again-- I love this thread! One of my favorites. And that John Singer Sargent is one of my favorite paintings too.

Here are a few probably familiar images that I got to see in person in Chicago last week.

View attachment 54971 View attachment 54972 View attachment 54973 View attachment 54974 View attachment 54975 View attachment 54976 View attachment 54977 View attachment 54978
These pictures bring back fond memories for me. Before the turn of the last century I attended the School of the Art Institute. My studio space was under the museum. I walked past that Hopper painting several times a day! Thanks for sharing the pictures , bowlerman!

More from Charles M. Russell

rbibo1.jpg

23lmhsp.jpg

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
These are all great!
40Cal-- how long before the turn of the last Century? I can't imagine the art school is huge, and I had a friend from California who I believe attended there as well. I haven't kept in touch, but you may have been studying at the same time.

40Cal

One Too Many
These are all great!
40Cal-- how long before the turn of the last Century? I can't imagine the art school is huge, and I had a friend from California who I believe attended there as well. I haven't kept in touch, but you may have been studying at the same time.
I was there in '92 and '93. It was a great experience and I loved Chicago!

Here is a series of prints by Andy Thomas that I really enjoy. Don't know if the storyteller in this first print is supposed to be William F. Cody or not but there is a Cody Wild West Show poster on the wall by the pool & billiards room. The storyteller is probably one of the other Scouts of the Plains of the time, but he sure has everyone in the room held spellbound including Mark Twain, standing on the left at the end of the bar. Thomas calls this print,

"Tales of the Old West"
13zyc8o.jpg

A very good likeness of Wyatt Earp during his time as a movie consultant about his life in the Old West. Thomas calls this print,

"Wyatt Earp in Hollywood"
izuidg.jpg

Can you imagine these young Cowboys seeing a belly dancer perform at a time when women were normally covered from their neck to their ankles? Thomas calls this print,

"Oh What We Seen in Abilene"
rckooz.jpg

Here is a series of prints by Andy Thomas that I really enjoy. Don't know if the storyteller in this first print is supposed to be William F. Cody or not but there is a Cody Wild West Show poster on the wall by the pool & billiards room. The storyteller is probably one of the other Scouts of the Plains of the time, but he sure has everyone in the room held spellbound including Mark Twain, standing on the left at the end of the bar. Thomas calls this print,

I really like the dancer one. The composition and how the motion was captured. Very nice!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko