Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ascots

MarkL

One of the Regulars
Sir RBH said:
What a wonderful thread. I love wearing a cravat and if relaxing at home then if i remove my tie i will replace it with a cravat!!
May2206.jpg

002-2.jpg

walking0011.jpg

You are outlandish in your dress---wonderfully outlandish! Those ascots look magnificent as do you! I wish I had your nerve to dress as boldly. It fits you soooooo well!

MarkL

One of the Regulars
Spitfire said:
My 19 year old son got his first cravat today as a special pre-xmas gift.
The dark blue with white dots of course!
Will try to get him infront of a camera one of these days.

Loved reading that you gave your son a cravat for Christmas! My dad did the same for me, and got me hooked on them!!!

MarkL

One of the Regulars
Spitfire said:
I wear cravats 5-6 days a week. (Allmost feel naked without it.)
Flashy? No. Attitude? Yes!
Maybe it's a european thing, but I never hear any negative or joking remarks.
Some times it's actually the opposite.:)

Ah...a man after my heart! Wearing an ascot 5 or 6 days a week. Sounds like heaven to me! Lucky folks around you who get to see you in your ascots so frequently. As Marty said in an earlier post, you wear them well!

Sir RBH

A-List Customer
MarkL said:
You are outlandish in your dress---wonderfully outlandish! Those ascots look magnificent as do you! I wish I had your nerve to dress as boldly. It fits you soooooo well!

This is not outlandish.. Wearing track pants and a baseball cap ( or as they are correctly called and "IQ reducer" is outlandish !!!

RBH

Slim Portly

One Too Many
That's exactly how I tie my regular neckties when I'm lazy or when they are a bit short. It gives a slightly asymmetrical knot. I haven't yet had an opportunity to tie a cravat but it's reassuring to know that I am prepared.

Alon

One of the Regulars
A much more exciting knot is the Prince Albert, featured on Lord Whimsy's site in the tutorial section.

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
If you want to tie a cravat/ascot then the knot is a basic four in hand without tucking the end through the knot, it is just pulled over and laid at the front.

If you want to tie a cravate in the French sense then that's just one of the ways you could do it ;)

Feng_Li

A-List Customer
Me in ascot again

After an afternoon in the park with my lady friend and dinner with my parents. Please excuse the goofy grin.

IMG_4125.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24