Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Observe

One Too Many
I don't know much about Heat Straps but the Wills jacket is hard to come by with the limited production runs.

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
Hi All,

I am planning to get either the chief coat from heat straps or wills jacket from ship John for my up and coming field construction job in Canada and was wondering if anyone has tried either of these on the site and if it does hold up.
Wills will hold up in a direct small caliber fire, but current delivery is Q3 2025.

photo2u

Call Me a Cab
Hello friends I am in the market for a Naval Clothing Factory Shirt in size 44. Does any one has one for sale?

I am also open to sites that sell quality reproductions.
Please advise!
1.jpg

3.14nche

One of the Regulars
I'm not sure if it's exactly what you are after but Pike Brothers have all kind of striped shirts, short and long sleeved

Jasonissm

Practically Family
Hello friends I am in the market for a Naval Clothing Factory Shirt in size 44. Does any one has one for sale?

I am also open to sites that sell quality reproductions.
Please advise!
View attachment 480683

Buzz Rickson's does one, this is an Australian retailer but you can find it elsewhere on Japanese or other retailers.

Jasonissm

Practically Family
Over $100 for a T-shirt is above my spending limit for a shirt.
Keep in mind it's an Australian retailer, so it's in AUD with tax, import fees, shipping to Australia baked in. I believe JP retail is about 9700 JPY which should be around $76 if you can find it on some Japanese retailers like Hinoya or Bears that ship for free/cheap.

Doesn't look like they have it though unfortunately, beside this one from Warehouse which was way thicker stripes, probably not what you're looking for: https://bears-tokyo.myshopify.com/c...oducts/warehouse-4094-s-s-1inc-border-t-shirt

Sorry I can't be of more help mate!

photo2u

Call Me a Cab
Keep in mind it's an Australian retailer, so it's in AUD with tax, import fees, shipping to Australia baked in. I believe JP retail is about 9700 JPY which should be around $76 if you can find it on some Japanese retailers like Hinoya or Bears that ship for free/cheap.

Doesn't look like they have it though unfortunately, beside this one from Warehouse which was way thicker stripes, probably not what you're looking for: https://bears-tokyo.myshopify.com/c...oducts/warehouse-4094-s-s-1inc-border-t-shirt

Sorry I can't be of more help mate!
You help plenty! Thanks.

Damon141

Practically Family
This Guofo Mulholland clone made of CF Stead Waxed Kudu is really cool. Don't see Kudu being used on jackets often. View attachment 479225
I talked with this maker on Taobao and they are very friendly, very expensive for a custom build (1,800$usd) They speak English but obviously there is a Language barrier.

I know they make accurate representations but my question would be if they worry about sleeve attachment, rotation, and overall movement of their pieces?

There is no reason why a Chinese maker would not know about these things being they are not the typical AliExpress jacket makers. But it’s hard to know if you are going to receive a jacket that looks the part but feels funny.

Jasonissm

Practically Family
I talked with this maker on Taobao and they are very friendly, very expensive for a custom build (1,800$usd) They speak English but obviously there is a Language barrier.

I know they make accurate representations but my question would be if they worry about sleeve attachment, rotation, and overall movement of their pieces?

There is no reason why a Chinese maker would not know about these things being they are not the typical AliExpress jacket makers. But it’s hard to know if you are going to receive a jacket that looks the part but feels funny.
Not sure if he is still active in this forum but this jacket is owned by @nevergoneyc

Here is his review of it: https://nevergoneyc.wordpress.com/2020/10/06/【价值5万的皮衣评测】freewheelers穆赫兰道皮衣解析后浪/

(In Chinese so may need to use Google translate)

I thought they were much cheaper last year when I was looking at them? (may be wrong) I thought they were closer to around $1000, but even that was pushing it for me.

Last edited:

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
Asking for some quick feedback here if anyone has the time. I wrote an article on my website about how to care for leather jackets. Obviously there are different takes on this, but my main point was to teach people who are new to leather jackets that they shouldn't condition them often... if ever really. Most of us on here know this, but I was wondering if there are any glaring omissions here.

https://almostvintagestyle.com/2023/01/17/how-to-condition-and-care-for-leather-jackets/

I'm not going to do a step by step set of instructions for how to actually put conditioner on a jacket, but other than that, any suggestions? This isn't really aimed at this crowd, but maybe some of you have feedback for me to help some of the uninitiated.

Observe

One Too Many
Asking for some quick feedback here if anyone has the time. I wrote an article on my website about how to care for leather jackets. Obviously there are different takes on this, but my main point was to teach people who are new to leather jackets that they shouldn't condition them often... if ever really. Most of us on here know this, but I was wondering if there are any glaring omissions here.

https://almostvintagestyle.com/2023/01/17/how-to-condition-and-care-for-leather-jackets/

I'm not going to do a step by step set of instructions for how to actually put conditioner on a jacket, but other than that, any suggestions? This isn't really aimed at this crowd, but maybe some of you have feedback for me to help some of the uninitiated.
I'm no expert, still learning as much as I can around here, but your article looks good to me. I don't think you missed anything major.

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
I'm no expert, still learning as much as I can around here, but your article looks good to me. I don't think you missed anything major.
Thanks! I appreciate the feedback.
Nothing to add, only that you saved your best two jackets for the last two photos.;)

^^
You beat me to it, lol....
Well, you know they say to save the best for last. Plus, two of my latest videos have been on how amazing those two jackets are so I felt like they needed to take a slight backseat

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up

No omissions. I would not recommend using pecards on your deerskin bodie though. The naked deerskin will suck it all up, probably changing the characteristics of the leather.

I had a few tiny spots on my deerskin fw, carefully tried touching them up with colorless Urad but that immediately changed the color of the leather.

I think it's best to leave this jacket untreated. If anything you could give it a handwash with some mild detergent.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24