Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

realgone

Familiar Face
It looks like a fake Aero (replaced label) to me. No top stitch on the sleeve / body attachment. Aero label looks weird. The main zip is an Ailee, a zipper you'll find on French jackets from the 80s or 90s.

View attachment 538929

Maybe @Hide'n'seek can tell :)
Yes, that's the zipper, Ailee. This is really interesting, and thankfully in case it turns out to be a fugazi, I didn't pay much for it.
I'll have more pics of the sleeve repair area and the label tomorrow.

realgone

Familiar Face
What's the measurement from chest to hem? P2P 23" down to Hem 21" or 24" down to 22"?

Any other tags inside?

Anyone know if this could be the Conolly hide? Is the Aero brand tag old enough for that to be true?

This one also has no top stitching on the shoulder/sleeve seams. Interesting.

Looks like a zip sleeve Highwayman.
p2p is 20.5", hem is 20", s2s is 18.5", back length 25 1/4", sleeve outer length 25 1/4"

newtojackets

Practically Family
Can anyone help identify the make of this?
IMG_3250.jpeg IMG_3251.jpeg

jeo

One Too Many
Does anyone own a Beck Northeaster 999 in either size 38, 40 or 42, and could you provide chest, shoulder, sleeve and back length measurements please?

Like this one: https://www.ebay.com/itm/324514536797 with the early tag - I think they are from the 40s, maybe early 50s.

Here’s a link to a sold listing with measurements for a size 44. Hope that helps.

I’ve also seen a listing for one of these in a size 36 with measurements. Let me know if you’re interested in seeing it and I can find it for you.

I have a 60’s one (checkered flag tag) in a 36 and I can tell you that they fit a bit bigger (mostly longer) than Perfectos in the same size from the same time frame.

The Beck northeaster horsehide tag went into the mid 50’s. This tag was mid to late 50’s. You can also tell that by the hardware present on jackets with these tags.

semolina_pilchard

One of the Regulars
Here’s a link to a sold listing with measurements for a size 44. Hope that helps.

[/URL]

I’ve also seen a listing for one of these in a size 36 with measurements. Let me know if you’re interested in seeing it and I can find it for you.

I have a 60’s one (checkered flag tag) in a 36 and I can tell you that they fit a bit bigger (mostly longer) than Perfectos in the same size from the same time frame.

The Beck northeaster horsehide tag went into the mid 50’s. This tag was mid to late 50’s. You can also tell that by the hardware present on jackets with these tags.

Thanks for the link and clarification. The measurements there seem small for a 44, I wonder if they just guessed it was a 44 or if it actually had the size tag. Or maybe the 40s/50s jackets fit smaller than the 60s jackets. Or maybe they measured it a certain way and got smaller measurements o_O

I’ve found one that may fit me, but the seller is unresponsive. I may give up on it since the 44 measurements mean the one I found would be smaller, but I really want it :D

jeo

One Too Many
Thanks for the link and clarification. The measurements there seem small for a 44, I wonder if they just guessed it was a 44 or if it actually had the size tag. Or maybe the 40s/50s jackets fit smaller than the 60s jackets. Or maybe they measured it a certain way and got smaller measurements o_O

I’ve found one that may fit me, but the seller is unresponsive. I may give up on it since the 44 measurements mean the one I found would be smaller, but I really want it :D

The first Beck 999 came out in 1951. The first version looked different than the ones we’re talking about.

IMG_3359.jpeg

I think the size was estimated based on measurements which I realize won’t help you since I’m assuming the listing you’re interested in just has the size tag listed with no measurements?

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
i-img900x1200-15991905889aoglw3134526.jpg

i-img1200x900-15991905880kle1l3134526.jpg

There is a size 42 Beck on Japan auction now. Seller claims 57cm P2P. But the jacket looks like it has lost all its elastics and the P2P measurement could be taken by pulling (with the action back at its full extension). My best guess is that the measurement is similar to a current 613/618 in the same tag size. They fit slim but works. I have 618 in 42 and 613US in 44, and P2P without stretching is 21.5" and 22.5" respectively.

This jacket is also on Ebay for more money but with Ebay buyer protection and ease of purchase:

I wish they make a repro version with the old stitching.

Rich22

Practically Family
What is this part of a jacket called? Waist band? Skirt? Belt? And why is it almost always tucked under the jacket, like in brown here, rather than attached on top of the black jacket? You only tend to see the seam of the 'belt' on top on trucker jackets. Thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-08-14 at 12.34.31 am.png
    Screenshot 2023-08-14 at 12.34.31 am.png
    1 MB · Views: 45
  • Screenshot 2023-08-14 at 12.36.05 am.png
    Screenshot 2023-08-14 at 12.36.05 am.png
    1 MB · Views: 47

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
What is this part of a jacket called? Waist band? Skirt? Belt? And why is it almost always tucked under the jacket, like in brown here, rather than attached on top of the black jacket? You only tend to see the seam of the 'belt' on top on trucker jackets. Thanks
I call them bottom band. There are also ones with french stitching. Like the Flat head jacket in WYWT thread.

semolina_pilchard

One of the Regulars
View attachment 539434
View attachment 539435

There is a size 42 Beck on Japan auction now. Seller claims 57cm P2P. But the jacket looks like it has lost all its elastics and the P2P measurement could be taken by pulling (with the action back at its full extension). My best guess is that the measurement is similar to a current 613/618 in the same tag size. They fit slim but works. I have 618 in 42 and 613US in 44, and P2P without stretching is 21.5" and 22.5" respectively.

[/URL]

This jacket is also on Ebay for more money but with Ebay buyer protection and ease of purchase:
[/URL]

I wish they make a repro version with the old stitching.
Thanks. I had found a 40 so it would definitely be too small. Based on the measurements 618/613 measurements I need a 42 at least, but the one on yahoo isn't in great condition.

semolina_pilchard

One of the Regulars
The first Beck 999 came out in 1951. The first version looked different than the ones we’re talking about.

View attachment 539167

I think the size was estimated based on measurements which I realize won’t help you since I’m assuming the listing you’re interested in just has the size tag listed with no measurements?

That's right yeah, doesn't even show the tag size, just states it's a 40. If it fit would me I'd buy it, but the seller doesn't respond so I will have to leave it alone. Thanks for the useful information!

Reactions: jeo

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sirteen