Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.
What do folks here think about navy leather jackets?

Depends on the navy and the hide. Do you have pictures or a specific navy hide your are contemplating? I love my blue CXL but even across batches that hide was a different blue and aged differently.

KBlake

One Too Many
Depends on the navy and the hide. Do you have pictures or a specific navy hide your are contemplating? I love my blue CXL but even across batches that hide was a different blue and aged differently.
I don't have a particular hide in mind, although Vanson makes one that looks nice.

AHP91

Practically Family
Anyone recognize this jacket maker? Thanks

60910F2B-87AF-413D-B458-400F2A8708D2.jpeg
E339991E-FBA6-43BD-A5DA-9BB0EA81074D.jpeg
33EFB240-A5DA-410B-9F67-A2423277B3CC.jpeg

TartuWolf

Practically Family
Didn't really want to make a separate thread about this so I'll just shoot here.
Anyone ever tried mesh/fishnet/net base layers? What do you think?
I have this one (without shoulder pads) from Brynje : https://www.brynje.no/gb/en/super-thermo-shirt-w-shoulder-inlay
I'm too numb/insensitive/clueless to provide any solid feedback but I do wear it quite often in the colder temperatures - feels nice. Seems like it does provide extra warmth at extremely minimal bulk and weight.
It's holding up quite well after multiple years of use.
I know it has a certain sexual/bdsm connotation when worn alone (which you would never do) but my wife does not mind.
Anyway, any opinions on this kind of base layer?
And yes, I know it's not really "outwear" :D

Al 916

One Too Many
I
Didn't really want to make a separate thread about this so I'll just shoot here.
Anyone ever tried mesh/fishnet/net base layers? What do you think?
I have this one (without shoulder pads) from Brynje : https://www.brynje.no/gb/en/super-thermo-shirt-w-shoulder-inlay
I'm too numb/insensitive/clueless to provide any solid feedback but I do wear it quite often in the colder temperatures - feels nice. Seems like it does provide extra warmth at extremely minimal bulk and weight.
It's holding up quite well after multiple years of use.
I know it has a certain sexual/bdsm connotation when worn alone (which you would never do) but my wife does not mind.
Anyway, any opinions on this kind of base layer?
And yes, I know it's not really "outwear" :D
I'll pass on that link....

I have taken to Merino wool base-layer teeshirts mind (for the next 6 months my Raynauds needs all the help it can get)

Has a slight sheep connotation........

Baa
Al

Daniel Veit

One of the Regulars
It works quite well. It's the air that keeps you insulated from adverse weather .
It's quite common for us road and mountain bike racers. But then I am going full lycra anyways. I never used such garments for every day wear, but it would work for sure.

ThanhKim

New in Town
*** pull zipper below means the one circled in red ***

11.jpg

Hi everyone, I need your help and knowledges. I just lost the pull of my main zipper of a flat head jacket, with the leather strap. I'm so dissapointed and I wonder :

1) How do you think it went off ? Is it recurring, especially on a used jacket ?

2) What would you suggest to repair it ? I was thinking to temporarly take the one from a sleeve but I don't know if I can.
Where can I buy one to replace it ? (even with a leather strap looking the same as the leather).
Tis was a brass pull zipper with F.HEAD written on it and Shinki leather from TFH.

I attached a file of the missing main zipper and one from the sleeve.

Thanks for any help or advice !

Attachments

• 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 44
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    158.6 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:

ThanhKim

New in Town
Update :
1) it must have broken because it couldn’t have simply slipped off as it is locked.

2) I’m still open for any advice or what would you do this case (the jacket is still wearable open but I want to be able to close it)

Attachments

• IMG_8686.jpeg
    IMG_8686.jpeg
    698.1 KB · Views: 38

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters