Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Elephantman

New in Town
Hey there, I am new here and realy impressed by the knowledge of this forums members! Here my question: does anybody know what kind of leather this might be on this Double Helix jacket? It is out for sale for around 175$ whitch to me seems to be a pretty fair price, as long as it is original...
8824402281.jpg
8898832324.jpg
8804583966.jpg

58panheadfan

One Too Many
Hey there, I am new here and realy impressed by the knowledge of this forums members! Here my question: does anybody know what kind of leather this might be on this Double Helix jacket? It is out for sale for around 175$ whitch to me seems to be a pretty fair price, as long as it is original... View attachment 576879 View attachment 576880 View attachment 576881
That would be too good to be true, I think this is a knock off. The seller also offers an "indigo" leather jacket made in the style of a DH, which also smells a lot like a knock off to me...

Edit: But it's certainly not wrong to ask the seller about the origin of the jackets.

Tutti_Fake.jpg

Last edited:

Bfd70

I'll Lock Up

Cane sciolto

New in Town
Ciao a tutti

Vorrei aggiungere una Grizzly alla mia piccola collezione, vivendo in Italia non ci sono molte occasioni per questo tipo di giacca ad un prezzo accessibile,

Ho trovato questo ma non ho informazioni a riguardo, marca Le Fursac a circa 350 euro... Posso chiedervi un parere su questa giacca? Grazie
1701458207 (1).jpeg
1701458207 (2).jpeg
1701458207 (3).jpeg

Attachments

• 1701458207.jpeg
    1701458207.jpeg
    104 KB · Views: 33

Al 916

One Too Many
I am thinking of a ThunderBay shearling lined type of jacket (brrrrr).

My p2p is generally 23.5 ish, s2s 19.5 - 20, how much should I size up to allow for the lining?

Many thanks for your thoughts

Blackadder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hey there, I am new here and realy impressed by the knowledge of this forums members! Here my question: does anybody know what kind of leather this might be on this Double Helix jacket? It is out for sale for around 175$ whitch to me seems to be a pretty fair price, as long as it is original... View attachment 576879 View attachment 576880 View attachment 576881
I think 58panheadfan may be right. It looks to be a Curphey copy of Freewheelers Switchyard. Same lining, same HH tag.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005004592148624.html

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
From the description: "You can tell this jacket was loved and well worn and taken care of!"

Lol looks like someone used sandpaper to artificially age the jacket.

Not worth the money imo.
I agree, a very common jacket that can be found in much better condition for the same money or less

Leather Walker

Practically Family
This is a peculiar question: does anyone know if these type of jackets, which were very common during 80s until mid-90s, had a "style name"?
1704642645.png

I amazed by the variation of them, all with these ridged bands and cuffs. Why all were oversize? I think these were particularly common here in Europe. I remember, when I was a kid, the people wearing those, as well as when I check out the family photos from those years. I guess the most of them were made by lambskin and sheepskin. Eclectic design, so no biker or flight style.

Marvin Berry

New in Town
Before I waste a ton of money, I have questions on how a typical leather jacket is supposed to fit.

I'm a tall 42, with a bit wider shoulders.

When I put on my Schott Per28, it fits comfortably with my arms down, but the minute I raise them (for instance, sitting driving a car) it gets very tight in the front of the shoulders. If I'm standing and raise my arms, same thing, and it pulls the hem of the jacket way up.

Would this be a size issue, or a jacket design issue? This jacket doesn't have any shoulder relief(?) like a split back or gussets, do I need one that has these features? Or is it a brand issue? For instance does an Aero Ridley type jacket behave the same way?

Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Antonio925