Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Blackadder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Where are you getting that from?

I know the books are full of mistakes but I don’t believe that to be true.

View attachment 590213 View attachment 590214

Only in 1953 so you see an advertisement for nylon.

View attachment 590220

The J-23’s have the second tag and the black rayon lining btw which are super duper rare and I’ve only seen one maybe two pictures of one.

This indictates that the second tag was after 1951. I also own a transitional J-22 with wool liner and third tag as well, so who knows, but I at least believe the years they are specifying that these catalogs are from.

View attachment 590215 View attachment 590216 View attachment 590217
Thank you for the info. I am not sure where I read it but I went back to the "Book". I bought the Book a few months ago but have not read it except the Starglove part.
It says second label is 40s to about 1952. It is possible that they still have a bunch of old labels that they use around 1952 to 1953.
Anyway, these civilian jackets do not have contract nos like military jackets. Even with the contract no and date of award, the actual delivery may be a year from that date. So a few months' difference to me is quite acceptable.

Last edited:

cbez

One Too Many
yall think heron collars look better wide and splayed
40310652_10155552647377343_7089183988400521216_n.jpg

or tighter like mr Whitters
4d78f25ce1da705940be901e1fb40a3b.jpg

I like mine but the sleeve measurements from the seller were wrong, so I either gotta get it hemmed or put it on the tighter button and stack them. haven't decided if it's worth it or not.

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
I h
yall think heron collars look better wide and splayed
View attachment 590553

or tighter like mr Whitters
View attachment 590554

I like mine but the sleeve measurements from the seller were wrong, so I either gotta get it hemmed or put it on the tighter button and stack them. haven't decided if it's worth it or not.
ave had two of these early A1 cossack jackets from both Aero and Thedi, both were buttons closures and both had that nice splay collar. I think when putting the zipper on this design the collar will end up a bit less splayed. I like the zipper functionality but the look of the button splay collars. Nice pick up.

cbez

One Too Many
I h

ave had two of these early A1 cossack jackets from both Aero and Thedi, both were buttons closures and both had that nice splay collar. I think when putting the zipper on this design the collar will end up a bit less splayed. I like the zipper functionality but the look of the button splay collars. Nice pick up.
I didn't like it at first but it's kind of growing on me. Quite comfy maybe due to the lighter weight.

Any experts wanna take a swing at dating it? Feels unused to me.

1000019207.jpg

AHP91

Practically Family
Eagleson's 40s HH straight zip was very highly spoken of by @JMax . This is goat though. Still a very nice jacket. I say a fair price would be in the neighborhood of $300. Not nearly as much as the ebay seller is asking for.
300 bucks? A common Cal Leather jacket in decent condition sells for 300 bucks. You can't find a 1950s studded belt for 300 bucks if you aren't hunting for one. This is great 1940s jacket in seemingly excellent condition with a rare label, in a bigger size.

KBlake

One Too Many
300 bucks? A common Cal Leather jacket in decent condition sells for 300 bucks. You can't find a 1950s studded belt for 300 bucks if you aren't hunting for one. This is great 1940s jacket in seemingly excellent condition with a rare label, in a bigger size.
Is it yours?

mumpy

A-List Customer
Quick question guys, do you store your jackets zipped or unzipped? I am noticing a fold along the zipper line for some of my jackets stored unzipped.

Nacho

Practically Family
Quick question guys, do you store your jackets zipped or unzipped? I am noticing a fold along the zipper line for some of my jackets stored unzipped.

Unzipped before with the suit jacket hangers (wide on both ends and narrow in the middle). I too did notice a crease starting from the neck line towards the zipper.

Ever since I’ve switched to self-made foam-padded hangers, I store zipped and notice a fuller shoulders on the jackets. The crease is still there but it’s not as prominent as before. No crease on later jackets after the switch.

Last edited:

mumpy

A-List Customer
Unzipped before with the suit jacket hangers (wide on both ends and narrow in the middle). I too did notice a crease starting from the neck line towards the zipper.

Ever since I’ve switched to self-made foam-padded hangers, I stored zipped and noticed a fuller shoulders on the jackets. The crease is still there but it’s not as prominent as before. No crease on the later jackets after the switch.
Ah I see, thanks I will try it out!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apachepass