Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

cbez

One Too Many
My only shinki hb.. so far
1000015523.jpg
1000018818.jpg

STPmotor

Familiar Face
Anyone with experience with Midnight Blue CXL FQHH as it ages? I've seen some posts speak to how to grays considerably - but don't think that has to be a bad a thing. Asking if you're happy with the evolution of the color to be frank.

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
Anyone with experience with Midnight Blue CXL FQHH as it ages? I've seen some posts speak to how to grays considerably - but don't think that has to be a bad a thing. Asking if you're happy with the evolution of the color to be frank.
It's a nice color. The one I have went from blueberry/forest green to steel blue/green. There is another navy batch that age a bit differently. Horween has one of the nicest color finishing in the biz imo. So many shades depends on lighting.
image 3.jpg

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
does this collar look like it's real sheepskin/mouton?
Its real mouton, it looks like they trimmed it back down really short to sew the edges. Its an aesthetic thing, some have puffy seams that didn't get trimmed back as much. It shouldn't impact durability, theres still hair on, just buzz cut.

STPmotor

Familiar Face
anyone with an ideal way to measure desired half belt height? I've seen some breakdowns here of a mto jacket where this was specified - but what are you actually measuring? the distance between your hip and natural waist? thanks as always.

Bfd70

I'll Lock Up
I just picked up this Simmons Bilt and have 2 newbie questions:
1) If I have a tailor remove the hand pocket zippers will that make the jacket look imbalanced or have issues later? I don't like the teeth scraping my hands
2) same question for the belt loops. If I remove them, will it make the jacket look imbalanced?

View attachment 585344
View attachment 585345
Dont amd dont

spectre6000

One of the Regulars
stitching.jpeg

Some collars have this sort of stitching, others don't. Is it reinforcement? Against what exactly? Decorative? What is its purpose?
collar stitching.jpeg

Same here, but around the base of the collar as well in what must have a different purpose, assuming there is one.

Last edited:

AHP91

Practically Family
For some reason I couldn't keep my eye off this Buco that went to auction. Relisted today and sold somewhere - had some issues. This looks like a 1940s jacket? Buco intrigues me - some of the 1950s, 1960s jackets I couldn't care less about, and some of the early ones look super cool.

1707604096288.png

1707604160043.png

1707604208680.png

jojothenorthstar

One of the Regulars
Its real mouton, it looks like they trimmed it back down really short to sew the edges. Its an aesthetic thing, some have puffy seams that didn't get trimmed back as much. It shouldn't impact durability, theres still hair on, just buzz cut.
thanks! does mouton contain lanolin?

jojothenorthstar

One of the Regulars
All wool does.
thanks for the reply, was just curious because i got a new shearling jacket and was sort of worried i was allergic to it (was itching in some areas, also got a runny nose but it's probably just the weather) however i wore that one with the mouton collar for 12 years straight (it was a hand me down from my dad) every winter without any adverse reactions so i think maybe i'm just being paranoid.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apachepass