Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

jeo

One Too Many
New question: Does himel bros send out leather samples and what is the best way to reach out to them?
I asked them for samples via mail (2 times) and on instgram (1 time) and they did not respond at all.

I've never heard of anyone receiving leather samples from them.

I emailed them for both of my orders, but they did direct me to put the order in through the website for my first order. My second order was a little different as I already had an open line of communication with him.

That sucks that they haven't responded. I don't care how busy you are you should get back to people within 24 to 48 hours. That's just the basics of running a good business.

oskar

One of the Regulars
I've never heard of anyone receiving leather samples from them.

I emailed them for both of my orders, but they did direct me to put the order in through the website for my first order. My second order was a little different as I already had an open line of communication with him.

That sucks that they haven't responded. I don't care how busy you are you should get back to people within 24 to 48 hours. That's just the basics of running a good business.

I feel like they dont want to send out samples. Some time ago I texted them about another topic and they responded within hours. Or they are just busy. Who knows :)
But you are right. Its nice to hear back from a business in 1 to 2 days.

Reactions: jeo

oskar

One of the Regulars
Maybe you can awnser another question, aswell.

How much variation is in the same size of the same aero model? I saw cafe racers in 42 and one was 22 inches p2p and the other one closer to 23,5.

jeo

One Too Many
You're probably right. They don't want to send out samples. Being busy is a bullshit excuse for not getting back to people.

Can't help you with your Aero question, but I'm not surprised by that.

Mrfrown

One Too Many

How much variation is in the same size of the same aero model? I saw cafe racers in 42 and one was 22 inches p2p and the other one closer to 23,5.

There’s a fair bit of variation, but also people measure differently. Especially if you’re looking at a second-hand aero, the thicker leather can pose challenges for inexperienced sellers to properly measure.

Even Aero has apparently changed their measuring method over time.

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
There’s a fair bit of variation, but also people measure differently. Especially if you’re looking at a second-hand aero, the thicker leather can pose challenges for inexperienced sellers to properly measure.

Even Aero has apparently changed their measuring method over time.
I haven't owned enough Aero's to comment on this, but I can comment on Thedi. The ones I have / had in size large have ptp's between 22' and 23'.

If you plan on buying a brand new jacket, I suggest you absolutely as Aero as their vintage/used are all over the place. I had a new HWM in a size 42 with a wider P2P than an older 46 so... Yeah.

dwilson

A-List Customer
Apologies if this has been asked before.

How warm is the wool lining on a Freewheelers jacket? I'm interested in the brand but I have some reluctance since I'm in southern California so if it is as cozy as I'd expect I think I could only wear it during the coolest season.

jeo

One Too Many
Apologies if this has been asked before.

How warm is the wool lining on a Freewheelers jacket? I'm interested in the brand but I have some reluctance since I'm in southern California so if it is as cozy as I'd expect I think I could only wear it during the coolest season.

What model are you looking at?

Not all of them have wool liners, but all FW liners are very nice and thick. The wool liner on the Mulholland I just sold was pretty thick and warm, but I think you should be fine during most of the cool season in So. Cal.

dwilson

A-List Customer
Mulholland most likely. Possibly Caboose but the back styling is a bit dramatic for my personal tastes.

I was also under the apparently false assumption all FW had wool linings. But I think if I was spending that much on a jacket I'd prefer something I could wear fall to spring. I do like my wool lined denim trucker but when the sun is shining even on a February day I start to bake in it (though I purchased and used the heck out of it when I lived in Ohio.) My Iron Heart flannel lined leather jacket I can normally be fine walking my dog at noon, though.

jeo

One Too Many
My two Caboose's have a thick cotton liner for the body and an extremely soft and thick flannel material for the sleeves. They are older models though.

You should be fine no matter what you go with.

Pandemic

One Too Many
JL fit jacket just arrived and it feels pretty damn near perfect to me. What do you all think?

4322A451-8EF4-470E-8557-0BF23511025D.jpeg
C48200DF-5177-4F31-9C74-2ED89482B62A.jpeg
2928DA8A-7D05-4EDB-A321-07F833DEA5B2.jpeg
63D93830-FDD5-4F17-BEDA-8CFDC7AEF8A5.jpeg
72D64616-D06F-466E-A38F-1152CCDA09E2.jpeg

Pandemic

One Too Many
It's definitely on the longer side - I have just owned so many OTR jackets in my life that were a tad too short for my elongated torso that I might overcompensate a bit when going custom. My Field Leathers will be shorter, but on this one I think I like that extra length.

Last edited:

oskar

One of the Regulars
It's definitely on the longer side - I have just owned so many OTR jackets in my life that were a tad too short for my elongated torso that I might overcompensate a bit when going custom. My Field Leathers will be shorter, but on this one I think I like that extra length.

I know what you mean. I am quite tall and the proportions dont look right if the jacket has a shorter cut

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk