Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
Just tried the DHL pricing tool, the cheapest quote was 100€. I must be doing something wrong, it would be cheaper to fly there myself :p
Strange. I just checked from the Netherlands to Spain with DHL. 2-5 kg is €12

air

One of the Regulars
Maybe it's a quote for a faster service? I have tried a comparing site and prices are around 15 but when I go to the source they shoot to the sky. I will try going to dhl in person, see what's going on.

Nathan Ford

New in Town
Yes that might be the case if you're 4 inches taller than me. It looks like both a 36 and 38 could work for you depending on how you like your jackets to fit.

I just bought the HB you posted pictures of earlier in this thread. It should be arriving any day now.

I tried on the HB and their double rider (the one with the small epaulets) in a size 38 years ago at Self Edge. The length of the body and sleeves did not work for me in the 38s.
Great, Please tell me when it comes. Btw, I think their CR, might be, a bit roomier than their HB at the same size, is that true?

Reactions: jeo

air

One of the Regulars
Maybe it's a quote for a faster service? I have tried a comparing site and prices are around 15 but when I go to the source they shoot to the sky. I will try going to dhl in person, see what's going on.
Turns out I was getting prices for DHL express, DHL parcel is what I should have been looking at.

I also discovered that if you bought a product with PayPal, they will cover return postage, including international, up to 30€. Change the "es" in the link to your country code for the specific conditions
https://www.paypal.com/es/webapps/mpp/refunded-returns
example "es" to "nl"
https://www.paypal.com/nl/webapps/mpp/refunded-returns

willyto

One Too Many
What carriers do you ship with within europe? Today I went to the national post office to send a pair of shoes weighing about 1.2 kg back to germany (from spain). I was expecting to pay about 15€ but they quoted me 32€.

When shipping something to Germany, I mostly use DHL.

Just tried the DHL pricing tool, the cheapest quote was 100€. I must be doing something wrong, it would be cheaper to fly there myself :p

Regardless of any of this shipping from Spain is EXPENSIVE , very very expensive compared to what other countries pay using the same couriers across Europe.

I use Packlink usually and try to find the best rate but most of the time it is very high. It's not strange to see +20€ using Correos or Correos Express, Seur and with DHL that is more like 35-40€ if you ship to the UK or Europe.

I shipped a package to a friend in Australia recently and I had to pay close to 100€ insured up to around 150-200€ (IIRC)

air

One of the Regulars
Regardless of any of this shipping from Spain is EXPENSIVE , very very expensive compared to what other countries pay using the same couriers across Europe.

I use Packlink usually and try to find the best rate but most of the time it is very high. It's not strange to see +20€ using Correos or Correos Express, Seur and with DHL that is more like 35-40€ if you ship to the UK or Europe.

I shipped a package to a friend in Australia recently and I had to pay close to 100€ insured up to around 150-200€ (IIRC)

Correos quoted me 32€ to send a shoebox to germany. DHL was slightly better at 25€ but they have a 30% off discount that brought it down to 18€. The national post being more expensive than a private carrier is peak Spain.

Tark

New in Town
I'm thinking of doing a remake on an Aero U.S. Navy jacket, this time in Dark Seal Vincenza, but I'm not sure if I should keep the mouton collar dark brown as standard, or do a contrast collar in rust, natural, or even Irvin...what do you guys think?

Attachments

• dark_brown.jpg
    dark_brown.jpg
    348.2 KB · Views: 475
  • irvin.jpg
    irvin.jpg
    395.5 KB · Views: 483
  • NATURAL.jpg
    NATURAL.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 553
  • rust.jpg
    rust.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 571

MrProper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I'm thinking of doing a remake on an Aero U.S. Navy jacket, this time in Dark Seal Vincenza, but I'm not sure if I should keep the mouton collar dark brown as standard, or do a contrast collar in rust, natural, or even Irvin...what do you guys think?

Irvin for me ;)

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up

I think it really depends on your skin tone and your hair colour.
Neither choice is "wrong", but some will work better with certein complexions/hair.

air

One of the Regulars
I think it really depends on your skin tone and your hair colour.
Neither choice is "wrong", but some will work better with certein complexions/hair.
I agree with Carlos, a jacket that goes well with you is better than one that looks good unworn.

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
Does anyone know if Aero has an exchange program or accepts good condion examples of their jackets as part payment?
They do sell used jackets on their website:

https://www.aeroleatherclothing.com/products.php?cat=salerv&sub=refurb

But I have a feeling you'd get more for your jacket elsewhere.

I once saw an Aero jacket with minor damage to the knits listed somewhere on eBay for something like £120. Later I saw that exact same jacket listed on Aero's website for £450. Therefore I guess they buy low, sell high :)

Imuricecreamman

One Too Many
They do sell used jackets on their website:

https://www.aeroleatherclothing.com/products.php?cat=salerv&sub=refurb

But I have a feeling you'd get more for your jacket elsewhere.

I once saw an Aero jacket with minor damage to the knits listed somewhere on eBay for something like £120. Later I saw that exact same jacket listed on Aero's website for £450. Therefore I guess they buy low, sell high :)
Yeah. Probably, but it's too much hassle for me to deal with all that stuff, so if they give me a "fair" deal in exchange it would be much easier for me to deal with ( I'm a lazy ba***rd :D )

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko