Ask a Question, Get An Answer About Outerwear

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by Marc mndt, Jan 4, 2021.

1. air

air Familiar Face

Just tried the DHL pricing tool, the cheapest quote was 100€. I must be doing something wrong, it would be cheaper to fly there myself :p

2. Marc mndt

Marc mndt One Too Many

Strange. I just checked from the Netherlands to Spain with DHL. 2-5 kg is €12

3. air

air Familiar Face

Maybe it's a quote for a faster service? I have tried a comparing site and prices are around 15 but when I go to the source they shoot to the sky. I will try going to dhl in person, see what's going on.

4. Nathan Ford

Nathan Ford New in Town

Great, Please tell me when it comes. Btw, I think their CR, might be, a bit roomier than their HB at the same size, is that true?

jeo likes this.
  5. jeo

jeo A-List Customer

I'll definitely be posting pics when I get it.

Sorry, I've never tried their CR.

Nathan Ford likes this.
  6. air

air Familiar Face

Turns out I was getting prices for DHL express, DHL parcel is what I should have been looking at.

I also discovered that if you bought a product with PayPal, they will cover return postage, including international, up to 30€. Change the "es" in the link to your country code for the specific conditions
    https://www.paypal.com/es/webapps/mpp/refunded-returns
    example "es" to "nl"
    https://www.paypal.com/nl/webapps/mpp/refunded-returns

red devil and Marc mndt like this.
  7. willyto

willyto One Too Many

Regardless of any of this shipping from Spain is EXPENSIVE , very very expensive compared to what other countries pay using the same couriers across Europe.

I use Packlink usually and try to find the best rate but most of the time it is very high. It's not strange to see +20€ using Correos or Correos Express, Seur and with DHL that is more like 35-40€ if you ship to the UK or Europe.

I shipped a package to a friend in Australia recently and I had to pay close to 100€ insured up to around 150-200€ (IIRC)

Jin431 and air like this.
  8. air

air Familiar Face

Correos quoted me 32€ to send a shoebox to germany. DHL was slightly better at 25€ but they have a 30% off discount that brought it down to 18€. The national post being more expensive than a private carrier is peak Spain.

willyto likes this.
  9. Tark

Tark New in Town

I'm thinking of doing a remake on an Aero U.S. Navy jacket, this time in Dark Seal Vincenza, but I'm not sure if I should keep the mouton collar dark brown as standard, or do a contrast collar in rust, natural, or even Irvin...what do you guys think?

Attached Files:

10. MrProper

MrProper Practically Family

Irvin for me ;)

Marc mndt and Tark like this.
  11. Marc mndt

Marc mndt One Too Many

+1 Irvin.
    Natural and dark brown look like they could be on a fashion jacket. Rust makes me think of Carrot Top.

12. Carlos840

Carlos840 My Mail is Forwarded Here

I think it really depends on your skin tone and your hair colour.
    Neither choice is "wrong", but some will work better with certein complexions/hair.

red devil, Tark and air like this.
  13. dudewuttheheck

dudewuttheheck Call Me a Cab

I love rust against olive like on the Superior Togs B10, but I think against dark brown I would go with natural.

14. air

air Familiar Face

I agree with Carlos, a jacket that goes well with you is better than one that looks good unworn.

handymike likes this.
  15. Imuricecreamman

Imuricecreamman Practically Family

Does anyone know if Aero has an exchange program or accepts good condion examples of their jackets as part payment?

16. AeroFan_07

AeroFan_07 My Mail is Forwarded Here

Imuricecreamman likes this.
  17. Imuricecreamman

AeroFan_07 likes this.
  18. Marc mndt

Marc mndt One Too Many

They do sell used jackets on their website:

https://www.aeroleatherclothing.com/products.php?cat=salerv&sub=refurb

But I have a feeling you'd get more for your jacket elsewhere.

I once saw an Aero jacket with minor damage to the knits listed somewhere on eBay for something like £120. Later I saw that exact same jacket listed on Aero's website for £450. Therefore I guess they buy low, sell high :)

Imuricecreamman and handymike like this.
  19. handymike

handymike I'll Lock Up

This is also the case here, I’ve seen jackets in the classifieds then the same jacket later on Aero’s site for more.

Marc mndt likes this.
  20. Imuricecreamman

Yeah. Probably, but it's too much hassle for me to deal with all that stuff, so if they give me a "fair" deal in exchange it would be much easier for me to deal with ( I'm a lazy bastard :D )

roadking04 likes this.