Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
Johnson can make you one for 150 I think. But shipping back and forth is another 100.

There is a leather shop in Vancouver called AWLtogether https://awltogetherleather.ca/ I've never had a collar done by them but it doesn't hurt to ask. Their rates are very reasonable, and they have access to vintage hardware. I've had alteration work done by these gals, not collar yet.

Or you can try to make it yourself. Photo2u has a pattern thread I believe, and Mysteryo has a how to thread. The Buco repro I have have the simple yet sturdy attachment method. They use a bigger taller rounder snap cap than others.

IMG_9373.jpg

IMG_9534.jpg

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
It does. It lost a button though.

I love how it faded from dark brown into Burgundy/purple.

Main zip on mine is a replacement.

View attachment 495702 View attachment 495703 View attachment 495704 View attachment 495705
thanks, this is a high quality jacket. I'm seeing Roughwear Clothing. I will look at other Hercs with this leather label, perhaps it was Roughwear who used this label. It also appears with the Windward name, which RW had a relationship with.

I'm now recognizing RW jackets. This Hercules is a RW jacket too, the pockets, the Horsehide tag tipped me off. The same as used by RW.

This jacket is c.1941

The catalog is 1949, the jacket was shown for 3 years

1678224393225.jpeg
1678224432019.jpeg
1678224458121.jpeg

newtojackets

Practically Family
Can anyone help me decide whether this is a high-quality jacket (contemplating buying it).

To my eye it looks pretty good quality, but it's from a fashion brand I wouldn't typically expect super high quality from. It's also made in India (which I know does not necessarily translate into low quality, but worth flagging nonetheless)
1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg

photo2u

Call Me a Cab
Last edited:

hieu

A-List Customer
TLDR: I won an auction (yahoo auctions) where I had been outbid. The highest bid was one increment higher than mine yet it reverted to me.

I was bidding on yahoo auctions yesterday and something weird happened. I was at my limit so I gave up when I saw I was outbid. I came back 20 minutes later to check the winning bid and to my surprise it was me. Is it possible that I was bidding against an accomplice of the seller's whose job it was to push up the price? If the seller refuses the highest bidder does it revert to the next highest?

Personally I'm still happy with the price I paid but the whole situation was a bit suspicious especially considering I saw the exact same thing happen on another one of the seller's listings (the price went up and back down again).

Jasonissm

Practically Family
TLDR: I won an auction (yahoo auctions) where I had been outbid. The highest bid was one increment higher than mine yet it reverted to me.

I was bidding on yahoo auctions yesterday and something weird happened. I was at my limit so I gave up when I saw I was outbid. I came back 20 minutes later to check the winning bid and to my surprise it was me. Is it possible that I was bidding against an accomplice of the seller's whose job it was to push up the price? If the seller refuses the highest bidder does it revert to the next highest?

Personally I'm still happy with the price I paid but the whole situation was a bit suspicious especially considering I saw the exact same thing happen on another one of the seller's listings (the price went up and back down again).
Maybe, another possibility I think is more likely is that the highest bidder instantly felt buyer's remorse and messaged the seller to cancel which will then pass down the to next highest bidder. Other than that, most listings state that if you have many negative evaluations or feedback, or you have a new account with few evaluations, your bid will be cancelled. Some allow bids from new sellers if they message the seller beforehand. In these instances where a bid is cancelled for these reasons, it will be passed onto the next highest bidder, although I have seen many cases where they just relist the item instead.

Last edited:

hieu

A-List Customer
Maybe, another possibility I think is more likely is that the highest bidder instantly felt buyer's remorse and messaged the seller to cancel which will then pass down the to next highest bidder. Other than that, most listings state that if you have many negative evaluations or feedback, or you have a new account with few evaluations, your bid will be cancelled. Some allow bids from new sellers if they message the seller beforehand. In these instances where a bid is cancelled for these reasons, it will be passed onto the next highest bidder, although I have seen many cases where they just relist the item instead.
That's interesting and I think you're right that it is much more likely to be due the reasons you stated. I guess I'm just a naturally suspicious person. However, it definitely feels like a system that could be gamed in favor of the seller to ensure highest possible price.

Regardless, I'm happy with the price I paid so I've got no real complaints.

Jasonissm

Practically Family
That's interesting and I think you're right that it is much more likely to be due the reasons you stated. I guess I'm just a naturally suspicious person. However, it definitely feels like a system that could be gamed in favor of the seller to ensure highest possible price.

Regardless, I'm happy with the price I paid so I've got no real complaints.
If you're suspicious you can check on the bid history and see if it was the same person bidding it up and see their feedback score as well. Typically most sellers with good feedback will not engage in this sort of thing, but I have seen some shady stuff with new sellers.

photo2u

Call Me a Cab
Is not the temperature, is the mood for me. But I have worn my jackets in the Dominican Republic by the beach of course. However, I was riding. The jacket worked perfectly when the winds hit you. However, lately, I have been wearing my old Vanson perforated jacket in extremely hot weather. What makes it hotter is the Harley, It gets hot when is not moving.

mvilla

A-List Customer
Is not the temperature, is the mood for me. But I have worn my jackets in the Dominican Republic by the beach of course. However, I was riding. The jacket worked perfectly when the winds hit you. However, lately, I have been wearing my old Vanson perforated jacket in extremely hot weather. What makes it hotter is the Harley, It gets hot when is not moving.
I think it is a whole new game when you ride... I'd love to, but my wife wouldn't let me haha
I ask because I've only had one leather jacket up to this point, very thin, from Brazil (so you can imagine how thin the thing is), and I'd only wear it very occasionally on colder months, always giving preference to other type of fabrics. Now I spent some money on a couple of leather jacket and wonder how often can I wear them. That feeling of "making my money's worth", you know?

newtojackets

Practically Family

Delmared

New in Town
Can someone identify this jacket? Time period and manufacturer? Thank you all!

Attachments

• 709D9E43-2C31-4044-ABEF-8A35710C6476.jpeg
    709D9E43-2C31-4044-ABEF-8A35710C6476.jpeg
    321.5 KB · Views: 39
  • 2EB047BA-D19D-49E1-B6FE-801F0D96D6E9.jpeg
    2EB047BA-D19D-49E1-B6FE-801F0D96D6E9.jpeg
    625.1 KB · Views: 41
  • 141761BE-6979-40E4-8C6F-EBBB9BC0694A.jpeg
    141761BE-6979-40E4-8C6F-EBBB9BC0694A.jpeg
    242.6 KB · Views: 40
  • 173F5FAA-E995-4CDE-ABC8-78AAA6469C82.jpeg
    173F5FAA-E995-4CDE-ABC8-78AAA6469C82.jpeg
    694.4 KB · Views: 37
  • 74350FEF-C013-43DD-A712-AE5DE50BF266.jpeg
    74350FEF-C013-43DD-A712-AE5DE50BF266.jpeg
    259.8 KB · Views: 42

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
Bumping this in case anyone has any thoughts?
Normal fashion brand quality. Leather doesn't look thick and most seams are just single blind stitches. It will hold up fine but nothing special about the construction. The design is very wild with three colors, it'd be hard to pair these color block types. Very statement type jacket but there are lot other better ones. Any of your Schotts will blow this one away.

blobsterroll

One of the Regulars
Pondering about getting a custom J106 from Aero vs Double Helix Innovator.

I have a Double Helix already (Deviant) that is nice, so I am thinking maybe I should get another one but in a different style or maybe I should venture out.

Those with a J106. How are the armholes? Can this be worn for riding a bike? I have seen threads saying that the J106 is a straight fit but almost everyone I've seen looks tapered to me (ofc I've seen some that is barrel and does not accentuate the "V" taper even on athletic dudes)

Thanks in advanced.

P.S. also if any of you is selling your J106 in 38/40... hmu

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21