Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jasonissm

Practically Family
This jacket came in today and I think the mystery steerhide is badalassi which if it is I'd be very happy with. It's squeaky, relatively comfortable and has a good amount of grain. Heres a quick pic, let me know what you guys think!

View attachment 500765

Took a gamble on the fit since the listing didn't have measurements but I think it all turned out well.
Nice fit! I like the length and the leather grain is also very nice!

blobsterroll

One of the Regulars
Gents,

When is this A2 from? Also "Genuine Horsehide" vs "Front Quarter Horsehide"?

Thanks all!

Attachments

• Hercules Outerwear.jpg
    Hercules Outerwear.jpg
    389.1 KB · Views: 44

blobsterroll

One of the Regulars
Does it smell like roses? It could be Connelly leather.
Just saw this video on my lunch break:

Why does some leathers smell and some dont? My Double Helix Deviant smells sweet (like how I imagine horses smell like... Ive never been close to a horse) but my Double Helix Innovator smells just like regular leather. Like my GF's LV bag. It came from the same tannery, so idk whatsup.

Is it age? Was my innovator manufactured earlier so the smell disappeared and now it smells like the shop I got it from? Does your Double Helix smell?

I read hinki has a distinct smell as well/

Nacho

Practically Family
I just bought this black Appalachian A2 police badged jacket. I love it and does not fit me. Very light Horsehide, perfect for warmer days. I've owned many Appalachian jackets and they are cool jacket.

View attachment 501671 View attachment 501672 View attachment 501673 View attachment 501674 View attachment 501676
I was contemplating on this one when it was up for sale on eBay because the seller listed it for around $120. Since I'm from Canada, the shipping + tax & duties add up quite a bit so I hesitated for a few days. But then when I came back to the listing, it was already gone. I cursed myself and the dude who took it from me. Turned out it was YOU, Terry. :eek:

Damn! :)

Last edited:

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
I was contemplating on this one when it was up for sale on eBay because the seller listed it for around $120. Since I'm from Canada, the shipping + tax & duties add up quite a bit so I hesitated for a few days. But then when I came back to the listing, it was already gone. I cursed myself and the dude who took it from me. Turned out it was YOU, Terry. :eek:

Damn! :)

Yes it was I. Kind of a long story about why I bought it . I just had to have a look at it. Remember, I can't wear it. Part of the reason I got it it was cheap And also black

Nacho

Practically Family
Yes it was I. Kind of a long story about why I bought it . I just had to have a look at it. Remember, I can't wear it. Part of the reason I got it it was cheap And also black
I'm sure we all want to hear about what you've found in this jacket. Maybe this could be a potential topic for your next YouTube video? And yes, if you're planning to sell it in the near future, I'm calling first dibs on it. :cool:

By the way, I agree with your comment above in regards to Appalachian. Not always the best leather but their cut/pattern is very cool. I have a Taylor's Leatherwear & Fur Company police jacket which was essentially Appalachian. The leather is this thin and pliable goatskin. It's Ok for what it is, but the jacket looks pretty good on me. I've turned many heads and gotten quite a few compliments haha.

IMG_4713.JPG

IMG_4717.JPG

IMG_4719.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ