Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Moe_Dante

Familiar Face
Moin everyone,

I have been all over the internet but somehow couldn’t find an answer to this question:

How does the aero original Hercules fit compared to the aero premier HWM, please? I like how would the two jackets compare fit-wise for the same measurements?

I am concerned as well about the sleeves and the armpit hole.

Observe

One Too Many
Moin everyone,

I have been all over the internet but somehow couldn’t find an answer to this question:

How does the aero original Hercules fit compared to the aero premier HWM, please? I like how would the two jackets compare fit-wise for the same measurements?

I am concerned as well about the sleeves and the armpit hole.

I've worn both, a 40 in the OG Herc and 44 in the PHWM. 44 was too a touch too big along the hem and in the body. I'd probably need a 42 to get the fit I desire. 40 OG Herc appeared to fit me well. I'd say size up one from your OG Herc size for your PHWM size based on this experience. I don't have exact measurements for each jacket on hand, and I've since moved both.

Anyone have any experience with the Thursday leather jackets? Just curious of their quality as I have seen some nightmarish QC on their boots, despite their aggressive PR and shilling campaigns online.

Al 916

One Too Many
Squeaky is a way of life with some jackets. I just won’t wear those in places where it can be a PIA, like the movie theater.
For me creaking is a way of life, I am just not allowed to go to places where I can be a PIA .....
(I find it limiting but characterful).

blobsterroll

One of the Regulars
Team, I just got my first vintage leather jacket from one of the loungers. It smelled weird so I did wash the jacket by hand in cold water (that water was brown) with a mild, color safe detergent and only for a few seconds.

While it's almost dry I did notice this grey, green dusty feeling on top of it. Is this mold? What do I do?

Notice the patina vs the dust.

Also attached is the liner I would go with. I don't mean for this to be a museum piece that needs to be stock. I will wear this a bunch too. So spare flecktarn patterned fleece under a satin liner for gooooood feeels

Thanks all!

Edit; I do have the urad and such ready!

Attachments

• F29C91CC-3088-4ED9-9378-FFC9E7A56AB7.jpeg
    F29C91CC-3088-4ED9-9378-FFC9E7A56AB7.jpeg
    4.3 MB · Views: 115
  • 7CAE9B37-8B57-41A3-A02F-CC7829DA8371.jpeg
    7CAE9B37-8B57-41A3-A02F-CC7829DA8371.jpeg
    4 MB · Views: 84
  • 3A6D1D18-5EF8-4A64-8DED-B406E8A14563.jpeg
    3A6D1D18-5EF8-4A64-8DED-B406E8A14563.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 80
  • C345D0C5-3276-4E71-A0FA-1A16B1A1F9F8.jpeg
    C345D0C5-3276-4E71-A0FA-1A16B1A1F9F8.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 102

blobsterroll

One of the Regulars
You just need to recondition the leather, that's all. Best to recondition it before the urad is applied.

Dude I forgot to give you credit, but I did use your method from your IG :) but then I realized I don't have enough towels and pillows to do what you did lol

Edit: some panels are still moist, I'm waiting for the leather to get crisp just like when I first got it

blobsterroll

One of the Regulars
Let the conditioner soak in for a week or so before the Urad seals it in.
OH!

I done f*cked up.

I put the Urad right after I sponged down the renapur (it was sticky/filthy, may have put too much) I used my hands to activate the beeswax with heat.

Now the brown patina is gone and its shiny lmao

Still smells weird tho, I have a couple of drops of left over creed aventus... it intermittently smells of urad (pepper)

Its not the lining that smells, the lining smells like detergent, its really the leather now. I'll post how it looks with the new lining.

Attachments

• Patina Gone.jpg
    Patina Gone.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 104
  • Damn.jpg
    Damn.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 98

blobsterroll

One of the Regulars
Err any advice on removing the thin layer of urad on that leather jacket to bring the patina back? Spray down and wipe down with acetone?

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
Don't use acetone, or you will strip everything down to the bare leather. You will have to re-dye, just ask @ton312 . I tried to take Urad off with isopropyl alcohol (a much milder solvent than acetone) and was unsuccessful. Still shiny. I don't think you have any good options to restore the previous look.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk