Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

photo2u

Call Me a Cab
Thank you for selling it to me. A fast fav

It is not an Al's. Many Cals were made to order. Plastic zippers started to become popular in the 70's. The sleeves, belt loops orientation, snaps, and other seams look consistent with Cal's production techniques. However, more lining and back images are needed for a more educated evaluation.

Last edited:

Observe

One Too Many
It is not an Als. Many Cal's were made to order. Plastic zippers started to become popular in the 70's. The sleeves, belt loops orientation, snaps, and other seams look consistent with Cal's production techniques. However, more lining and back images are needed for a more educated evaluation.
Here's a couple shots of the inside lining and back:
20230414_190953.jpg
20230414_190930.jpg

simpleton66

New in Town
Hello all,

i am about to buy a Aero aeromarine in size 40. I would appreciate your help with the pit to pit measurement. I am afraid the jacket will be too baggy below the arms. It measures 22in and the custom suit jacket(for lack of a better reference) i have measures 19.5in.

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hello all,

i am about to buy a Aero aeromarine in size 40. I would appreciate your help with the pit to pit measurement. I am afraid the jacket will be too baggy below the arms. It measures 22in and the custom suit jacket(for lack of a better reference) i have measures 19.5in.

If your suit measures 19.5 across the chest and you’re measuring correctly, there’s no way you’re a 40. You’d be a 36 at most.

What does your chest itself measure at its widest point?

simpleton66

New in Town
If your suit measures 19.5 across the chest and you’re measuring correctly, there’s no way you’re a 40. You’d be a 36 at most.

What does your chest itself measure at its widest point?
Thanks for your insight. Expanded chest is around 37.5in.

Rdiggiddy

New in Town
Hi Loungers
I am I search of a cafe racer style jacket. Just returned a Vanson comet size 42 because I could barely start the zipper at the bottom. I must have a little too much of a gut I’m 39”at the waste. I loved the jacket and it seemed to fit everywhere else but the waste the only other thing I could add is hand pockets. My questions I guess is what are my options to find the right cafe racer? Should I try one size up? Is there other manufacturers I should be looking at? Has anyone ever seen a Comet with four pockets?
3292D052-01BE-4A57-8161-EA5DE047CACA.jpeg

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hi Loungers
I am I search of a cafe racer style jacket. Just returned a Vanson comet size 42 because I could barely start the zipper at the bottom. I must have a little too much of a gut I’m 39”at the waste. I loved the jacket and it seemed to fit everywhere else but the waste the only other thing I could add is hand pockets. My questions I guess is what are my options to find the right cafe racer? Should I try one size up? Is there other manufacturers I should be looking at? Has anyone ever seen a Comet with four pockets? View attachment 508134

I would suggest going one size up on the Comet. It’s an amazing jacket and mine (marked one size up from my chest size) is a perfect fit. I’d imagine a 44 would be the same on you.

KBlake

One Too Many
I’m sorry if this has been asked and answered to death already, but what is the best leather conditioner to moisturize jackets?

I-Jusa-I

Familiar Face
Would anyone happen to know if repro "paperclip" style wire zip pulls often seen on military jackets can be purchased anywhere online? I've been trying to google around for some but havent found any decent ones on ebay.

This type of pull:

95-03-6010-2.jpg

I-Jusa-I

Familiar Face
@photo2u may have some NOS Conmar or Scovills, he's a member here and I've bought some NOS zips from him. Good guy.
I'm not really looking for expensive "super authentic" type of deal, more so I just really like the look of these wire pull tabs and would like to replace a few tabs with them.

Maybe I'll have to get some wire and try to bend them myself.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR