Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

torfjord

Call Me a Cab
IMG_2861.jpeg

Anyone knows where I can find zipper pulls like these?

LeatherLover

New in Town
Dear leather jacket experts,

I hope this message finds you well & I hope this is a right place to post this question!
I recently purchased a Hercules jacket for myself and would greatly appreciate your expert opinion. Do you think it looks too tight on me or this is acceptable?

Thank you for your time!

Attachments

• IMG_3176.jpg
    IMG_3176.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_3175.jpg
    IMG_3175.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_3174.jpg
    IMG_3174.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 78

torfjord

Call Me a Cab

I hope this message finds you well & I hope this is a right place to post this question!
I recently purchased a Hercules jacket for myself and would greatly appreciate your expert opinion. Do you think it looks too tight on me or this is acceptable?

Thank you for your time!

It looks way too tight. Sausage case.

LeatherLover

New in Town
Dear fellows leather jacket experts,

here is another question about the jacket fit for your judgment. I'll appreciate your opinion if it looks too tight on me or it is acceptable? I'll appreciate your advice!

Thank you,

Attachments

• IMG_3180.jpg
    IMG_3180.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_3181.jpg
    IMG_3181.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 62

TLW '90

Practically Family
Does anybody know to Identify deerskin?
I don't know if you can tell by looks , but it has that soft supple spongy feeling that I believe deerskin is supposed to have.
20231128_143516.jpg

Attachments

• 20231128_143552.jpg
    20231128_143552.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 60

LeatherLover

New in Town
Dear leather jacket experts! Please help to identify a jacket that I just bought. A tag is missing.
Thanks a bunch! I was told by the seller that it might be a Montgomery Ward, but there are different ones that were made under that company. Leather feels nice, soft, supple, high quality. I'm not sure of the hide, but most likely it's a cowhide. I'm not sure if the collar is made of an animal or it is faux, but it feels pretty genuine to me & also warm.

Thank you!

Attachments

• IMG_3186.jpg
    IMG_3186.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_3187.jpg
    IMG_3187.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_3188.jpg
    IMG_3188.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_3189.jpg
    IMG_3189.jpg
    205.4 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_3190.jpg
    IMG_3190.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_3191.jpg
    IMG_3191.jpg
    164.3 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_3192.jpg
    IMG_3192.jpg
    173.8 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:

onstar

One of the Regulars
Whats the difference between an Aero 1930 vs 1950 halfbelt?

Why doesn't Aero make a 1950s halfbelt version of the Maxwell?

Why does the Schott 641HH fit well on people with board shoulder?

navetsea

I'll Lock Up

Thank you for your time!
Dear fellows leather jacket experts,

here is another question about the jacket fit for your judgment. I'll appreciate your opinion if it looks too tight on me or it is acceptable? I'll appreciate your advice!

Thank you,
the hercules looks too tight for the style
the cross zip looks fine for its style

jojothenorthstar

One of the Regulars
i'm having a rough time deciding between a b3 or a b6. I like both, but i'm worried about the flap on the b3 looking dumb on me. looks great on static glamour shots, but in practice i feel like it would be annoying having it flapping around. however, i always wear jackets with at least 1/3 zipped up. does anybody have images of a semi zipped b3 and/or b6?

nattevagten

A-List Customer
Does Vanson have a double rider jacket similar to vintage Schott Perfectos (613/618)? With slim sleeves, no “d-pockets”, just the essentials

What’s the best regional Vinted site to check for Aero stuff? The German or French Vinted, maybe?

Last edited:

Khilij

One of the Regulars
Does Vanson have a double rider jacket similar to vintage Schott Perfectos (613/618)? With slim sleeves, no “d-pockets”, just the essentials

What’s the best regional Vinted site to check for Aero stuff? The German or French Vinted, maybe?
As far as Vanson is concerned, Have you checked out the C2 and C2RN? I can't speak to the slimness of the sleeves, but they seem to have all the standard perfecto features. C2 for more standard perfecto, C2RN for no belt or loops. You could probably call Vanson and ask for information regarding the sleeve slimness if you like, I've found them to be very helpful on the phone.

nattevagten

A-List Customer
As far as Vanson is concerned, Have you checked out the C2 and C2RN? I can't speak to the slimness of the sleeves, but they seem to have all the standard perfecto features. C2 for more standard perfecto, C2RN for no belt or loops. You could probably call Vanson and ask for information regarding the sleeve slimness if you like, I've found them to be very helpful on the phone.

Thanks a lot! Will check out these jackets.

MrProper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
i'm having a rough time deciding between a b3 or a b6. I like both, but i'm worried about the flap on the b3 looking dumb on me. looks great on static glamour shots, but in practice i feel like it would be annoying having it flapping around. however, i always wear jackets with at least 1/3 zipped up. does anybody have images of a semi zipped b3 and/or b6?
Since the principle is the same as with an Irvin or D-1... no, it doesn't bother me. At least I don't think so.

Attachments

• IMG_6679.jpeg
    IMG_6679.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 44
  • IMG_2819.jpeg
    IMG_2819.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 48

jojothenorthstar

One of the Regulars
Since the principle is the same as with an Irvin or D-1... no, it doesn't bother me. At least I don't think so.
great looking jackets, they suit you very well. thanks for the images. the flaps do look good on you, but i have a smaller frame and I'm worried about how it will look. on the other hand, i'm worried the b-6 is too 'plain' zipped up

MrProper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
great looking jackets, they suit you very well. thanks for the images. the flaps do look good on you, but i have a smaller frame and I'm worried about how it will look. on the other hand, i'm worried the b-6 is too 'plain' zipped up
With pleasure. A B-6 looks like any other leather jacket without a wind flap. I like the flap because it's even warmer than if it's just a zip. I think the flap suits every frame.
1701448407582.png
1701448606487.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo