Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

jojothenorthstar

One of the Regulars
With pleasure. A B-6 looks like any other leather jacket without a wind flap. I like the flap because it's even warmer than if it's just a zip. I think the flap suits every frame.
View attachment 565746 View attachment 565747
thanks again and i think I've made a decision with your help. i don't know what it is, but the b-6 just resonates so well with me. thanks for taking the time to help me out

torfjord

Call Me a Cab
Does Vanson have a double rider jacket similar to vintage Schott Perfectos (613/618)? With slim sleeves, no “d-pockets”, just the essentials

What’s the best regional Vinted site to check for Aero stuff? The German or French Vinted, maybe?

Their C2 is an awesome jacket

IMG_5177.jpeg

TheOldFashioned

Call Me a Cab

Harris HTM

One Too Many
i'm having a rough time deciding between a b3 or a b6. I like both, but i'm worried about the flap on the b3 looking dumb on me. looks great on static glamour shots, but in practice i feel like it would be annoying having it flapping around. however, i always wear jackets with at least 1/3 zipped up. does anybody have images of a semi zipped b3 and/or b6?
I'd say that the main factor in choosing between a B-3 and a B-6 is not the flap or not; but how cold it gets where you live. A B-3 is a much thicker and bulkier jacket than a B-6.

jojothenorthstar

One of the Regulars
I'd say that the main factor in choosing between a B-3 and a B-6 is not the flap or not; but how cold it gets where you live. A B-3 is a much thicker and bulkier jacket than a B-6.
not really a factor for me honestly. i've been in canada since forever and had a b15 with a leather flap for 12+ years (since my teens)

the cold was never an issue. i wore it 1/3 zipped, and if i was cold, fully zipped

Harris HTM

One Too Many
I guess Canada is suitable for a B-3.
I had a B-3 and here in the Netherlands was wearable only 2-3 days per year at max.
A B-6 is also less bulky than a B-3.
Are you checking specific brands?
not really a factor for me honestly. i've been in canada since forever and had a b15 with a leather flap for 12+ years (since my teens)

the cold was never an issue. i wore it 1/3 zipped, and if i was cold, fully zipped

jojothenorthstar

One of the Regulars
I guess Canada is suitable for a B-3.
I had a B-3 and here in the Netherlands was wearable only 2-3 days per year at max.
A B-6 is also less bulky than a B-3.
Are you checking specific brands?
nope, tailored at a jacket maker who only does leather. i'm not worried about it being usable since i can pick the thickness

tommyrod74

New in Town
Does anyone know who manufactured Billy Reid leather jackets when they were MiUSA? I know the current ones are imported.

Thanks!

MattieXMoto

One of the Regulars
Where did Filson offshore their Mackinaw wool production to? I noticed it isn't Pendelton anymore. And their "made in USA" Mackinaw products say Made in USA with imported materials.

blobsterroll

One of the Regulars
Does Schott sometimes tweak the recipe in terms of pattern or leather?

I was at the Schott store in NY last weekend and was mainly looking at the 626 and 626VN... the fit didnt work though.

I went full circle and got a 618HH. I previously owned one in a size 40 and had to get it tailored to a taper because it was very boxy and large. This was back in 2020 and I got it from Legendary.

At the Howard Street Schott store last weekend I tried on a 38, thinking a 38 would have been perfect and found it to be too small. The associate had to get a size 40 from the back room (which leads me to believe it was recently sewn) and that 40 I ended up buying it as I think its perfect! I am unsure if its just new and it will look different once it breaks in. But it does not have a lot of material like previous iterations.

IDK if I am just high but here are the differences of a 618HH circa 2023;

1. More tapered fit.
2. Slimmer arms
3. Arms now has thinner lining, just basically cotton.
4. Higher armholes/armhole shape seems different
5. Leather strap used to hang the jacket with now included
6. Deeper inner pocket
7. Leather does not squeak, like at all
8. Crunchier leather, I already have 2 small chips on the left wrist area.
9. ID tag is now on the left pocket as opposed to the coin pocket.
10. Bi-swing back garter seems to have more give.
11. This 40 has a 17in Shoulders, 21.5 p2p, Legendary chart says a 40 should have an 18in shoulders, and 22in chest.
12. Sleeves are a tad bit shorter.

I am not dismissing the possibility that this maybe an oddball or a resale (saw the Schott jacket buyback program) as there is a mark of tailor's chalk on the right underarm footballs, moreover the epaulets seems to look like its about to fly away instead of lying flat. Which kind of sucks if its the latter because I paid full price. I dont think my body changed that much either.

Attachments

• IMG_4953.jpg
    IMG_4953.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_4952.jpg
    IMG_4952.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 66
  • IMG_4868.jpg
    IMG_4868.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 55
Last edited:

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
Where did Filson offshore their Mackinaw wool production to? I noticed it isn't Pendelton anymore. And their "made in USA" Mackinaw products say Made in USA with imported materials.
AFAIK the solid colors have become thinner (24oz) but the plaid ones are still thicker, 26oz. I've got made in USA ones ranging from 24oz to 30oz plus. And a Bangladesh made one that is also quite thick. I believe the core product line, like the cruisers are still sewn in Seattle. But the seasonal wool products may have gone off shore. None of my cruisers are lined. But my Bangladesh one is lined and I actually prefer that.
Old jac shirts are the best, they were made with the luxury 18oz wool, current one is still good but wool doesn't feel as soft as the older one.

jojothenorthstar

One of the Regulars
are schotts made large? I wear a b-15 (granted, it's oversized and i can wear a thick sherpa hoodie underneath) with a pit to pit of 22 inches (approx.) and it fits my father who is 5'4 and 160 LBS

Now I've read a bit about them on here and people say to size down. I;m 5'6 and around 130-140 LBS, but i enjoy a more boxier/relaxed fit and I like to have a sleeve length of 24 inches from the shoulder seam down.

i attached the chart here and I have no idea if I should go with a 34 or a 36 since I ALWAYS wear a sweater underneath my jackets (not necessarily a big sherpa hoodie, but hanes sweatshirts or maybe a fleece hoodie on cold days)

Attachments

• schottsizing.PNG
    schottsizing.PNG
    45.5 KB · Views: 50

nattevagten

A-List Customer
Anyone know how does Aero Speedway fit compared to Premier Highwayman/HB? Are the sleeves as slim? Does it have more waist taper?

Viking752

Practically Family
I have a Schott 685 that Is a heavier leather with I believe a cotton or canvas lining With a light Poly fill. Around the cuffs it is shredded and in need of replacement. I have reached out to Dena for a quote to replace the sleeves or the entire liner. I would like to replace the lining with a lighter material, nylon, polyester or whatever the terminology is. Question is, with heavy leather do you need to use the heavier lining for whatever reason ? I do not need insulation.
IMG_3487.jpeg

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
Anyone know how does Aero Speedway fit compared to Premier Highwayman/HB? Are the sleeves as slim? Does it have more waist taper?
I got a stock size 42 Speedway first, with added length (24" back). It felt way too restrictive (very slim sleeves). And I upgraded to a custom size 42 Premier Highwayman with widened shoulders. Which I believe is just a size 44 tagged as a 42. At the same stock size I figure these two are very similar, but the Speedway would look more taper because of the back design. Both has August collar so very narrow, Speedway has unibody construction so it feels better. But both are undersized jackets, compared to other Aero jackets, very 1930s cutting. If I could do this over again I would get a Speedway in 1.5x bigger size, it has more features than the PHwyman and cost less.
IMG_8329.jpg

IMG_9968.jpg

IMG_1487.jpg

Aero speedway closed.JPG

Aero Speedway open.JPG

Aero PHwyman 42.JPG

Aero Phywman 42 open.JPG

These jackets fits more like shirts even at bigger sizes, not like jackets, t shirt or thin shirt only, no layering.
IMG_9226.JPG

livioli

Familiar Face
Information about aniline leather

So I just ordered an RC Ponyboy, which is full-aniline leather I believe. Is there anything I should be aware of? How. vulnerable is it to rain, stains, scratches etc. ?? I did a little research online and now I am scared of how vulnerable it is, almost like cashmere. Am I wrong?

At the end of the day, it's still a leather jacket and I don't want to sweat over it too much ...

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
Information about aniline leather

So I just ordered an RC Ponyboy, which is full-aniline leather I believe. Is there anything I should be aware of? How. vulnerable is it to rain, stains, scratches etc. ?? I did a little research online and now I am scared of how vulnerable it is, almost like cashmere. Am I wrong?

At the end of the day, it's still a leather jacket and I don't want to sweat over it too much ...
Don't worry, your jacket will survive everything you throw at it. There is a clear coating on top, water will bead it doesn't penetrate right away, and it doesn't leave a stain. It's really good horsehide.
IMG_0789.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elzbthy