Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Asking for comments on belt buckles won on Ebay

Brian Sheridan

One Too Many
What do you think of these buckles. The initials one (on the right) I'm not too crazy about but I only paid $4 for both of them.

I am not familiar with artists/companies (except for Swank) mentioned in the description. Does anyone know if it is accurate?

Thanks for looking!

dbeb_1.jpg

Seller's description:

Lot of 2 Vintage Art Deco Belt Buckles

Both are monogramed with the initial " BS "

These belt buckles are very rare as each maker is well known for making other mens accessories such as cufflinks & tie bars

both are Vintage ART DECO pieces

the first one is made by KREMENTZ

it is monogramed on the front "BS" and signed on the back KREMENTZ & MONEL.. the company Monel was famous for their metal works and their metal was used for making everything including the kitchen sink. MONEL was a big supplier of metal in the ART DECO era..

It is very unlikely that you will ever see a Krementz Monel Art Deco belt buckle for sale again as these pieces are becoming extremely rare.

the second buckle is also monogramed "BS" & also signed on the back SWANK

AlanC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
The Krementz engine turned buckle is a classic design; it's very possibly sterling silver. The sterling engine turned buckle is probably most famously produced by Tiffany, but you can also find it from classic sellers like Brooks Brothers, Ralph Lauren Purple Label and Ben Silver. Krementz was a very well known jewelry company decades ago, their offerings ranging from decent to very nice. I wore a Krementz tie clip today. I doubt the Krementz buckle is quite as rare as the seller makes it out to be, but it should be quite nice. My sterling engine turned is also vintage from ebay, although not Krementz.

You need to buy an alligator belt strap to go with it and you'll be set.

Here are pics of the my buckle (along with some sterling links). I had them buffed some, and my initials placed on the buckle:

Before:

After:

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
I like them. The left one is very subdued. The one on the right might be trickt to pull off without looking like a superhero; "BS man".

I'm afraid I'm never going to be able to get anything with initials. Too many bad connotations.

Brian Sheridan

One Too Many
Dinerman said:
I like them. The left one is very subdued. The one on the right might be trickt to pull off without looking like a superhero; "BS man".

That was might thought exactly - but they came as a set.

I'm afraid I'm never going to be able to get anything with initials. Too many bad connotations.

Really? My initials are BS for gosh sakes!

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
yeah, I guess it all depends on size. How big are these things? Looking at them again, they look pretty small, so disregard my last comment.

Brian Sheridan

One Too Many
Dinerman said:
Hey, did your belt buckles come yet? Did you find a belt to put them on?

They did arrive and look great.

Everyone was right - it has to go on a narrower belt. It raises a challenge in finding a belt that narrow PLUS it having snaps to change buckles.

The man I buy clothes from says no one makes belts like that anymore.

I've been searching Ebay...

Thanks for asking!

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
western belts usually have the snaps so that you can change buckles. Have you looked at thin western belts?

Edward

Bartender
I don't know about the gator look, but if you'd be happy with a quality leather belt, try hunting ebay for folks who sell modern belt buckles. Most of them do belts too - a lot of them will be too wide for formal trousers, but I'm sure I've seen inch wide ones too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusa80