Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

At the Dog Track... The Whippets

warbird

One Too Many
I have a blue gray Whippet, which is my absolute favorite dress hat. It is in immaculate condition.

After much deliberation I am about to put up on TFL or Ebay my black Whippet, because it is a 7 1/4 and simply too large for me. Padding behind the sweat doesn't make enough difference. I am a 7 LO or 7 1/8. I love the look of the Whippet.

My favorite
IMG_3908.jpg

IMG_3907.jpg

IMG_3909.jpg

The one I am selling
P9240147-2.jpg

I'm about to sell several hats I just can't anymore. It pains me to do so.

Last edited:

Mobile Vulgus

One Too Many
Oddly enough, warbird, I am in the exact same boat. I have a nice blue gray Whippet in size 7-1/4 yet I am also a 7. I've stuffed the band and it is working OK. But I'd much prefer a size 7 or even 7-1/8 Whippet. However, I am not selling mine until I find a replacement.At the prices they've gotten to I'd be afraid I'll never be able to afford one again!

Canadian Cowboy

One of the Regulars
Yep, that's the beauty I was talking about before. Always wanted to have a green one like that. Hopefully one of you lucky stiffs acquired this one.

Cheers!

Dan

I am just amazed at the numbers they bring! I am new to buying Fedoras as I usually wear Cowboy hats but I did wear them when I was a teenager and have started wearing them again.
I was the second bidder,Nobody else really bidded on this hat.
Maybe next time or maybe a Lounger will sell me one.
CC

Here is the Olive green Whippet that sold minutes ago for a whopping $550.98!
I was the second bidder maybe next time.

Yow! Could this be it, that sign I've been waiting for? You know, the sign saying the economy is indeed heating up again?

Sure, that old lid has a lot going for it -- a much sought-after style, in apparently very nice condition, in an unusual (and quite desirable) color, and in perhaps the most common size among us moderns. But five hundred fifty clams? For the guy who really wants that hat, I suppose it's money well spent. Good for him, and for the seller.

Still, unless having a genuine vintage Stetson Whippet in one's arsenal is important to a person, he could get an arguably better hat (all-beaver body, superior sweatband and liner, etc.) handcrafted to his specifications for less dough. There's something to be said for the Real McCoy, though, even if a new custom might be the better (again, arguably) hat.

Neophyte

My Mail is Forwarded Here
As I would take the money, I suppose I haven't yet sunk that deep into the dark depths of hat-madness.....I need to work on that :D.

T Rick

Practically Family
In those terms, I'd take the Whippet, but as for trading it for $550 I already had, at this point in the economy/my life etc., I'd pass.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theartboxstore