Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

At the Dog Track... The Whippets

Bud-n-Texas said:
I have yet to acquire a Whippet, I do have this Stetson Vogue. It looks to be a predecessor of the Whippet.

MVC-428F.jpg

MVC-427F.jpg

oH NO! Not the Vogue again. You're killing me. I have wanted one for years now. :( ;) :D That is a great hat.

Regards,

J

GoneSolo

One of the Regulars
Guys, these Whippets look amazing. Could you post some pictures of the top of the crown? I am having trouble putting a nice C crown bash and it looks like some of you really have the look down.

riccardo

Practically Family
DOUGLAS said:
The Whippet is a hat that always has a bound edge and a medium wide ribbon. The bows all seem to be the same style. The hat has been very popular style and is close in appearance to the Stetsonian. It is a very sought after fedora here. The brim lenths are varied and the crowns are between 5"' and 5.5" as far as I have seen. Perhaps others can give dates of manufacture or any corrections to what I have written.

Many thanks Douglas!:eusa_clap
They are lovely hats, I think one of these could be my next hat.
I love bound edge brims with medium/large dimension and a hight crown.
Another question: are their crown straight sided or tapered ( I look better in a no tapered crown ).

Best regards.

Riccardo.

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
Advertised as a Whippet. Well at least it looks like one even if it isn't marked as such. I know we've discussed the symantics of the labeling so we won't have to do that again here. This will be just a showcase of Whippet or Whippet-like hats in their varying colors, shapes & sizes.

This first one is my latest purchase from OFAS. I think this one would will make a nice combination work/dress hat. It'll feel at home either at the office or at the Preakness Stakes.

Unmarked Whippet

Please feel free to show off your best and shabbiest here. All are welcome.:)

Cheers!

Dan

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
My favorite...

This one is my every-day hat that I had Art resurect. It has worked with a Carhartt jacket, a tweed outfit and one of my brocade vested outfits at Christmas. Blue jeans to linen trousers. It has been a very versatile hat to have.
IG039.jpg

Cheers!

Dan

Nigel

One of the Regulars
I was watching that Whippet too, unfortunately I missed the end of the auction (I'm not one to bid before the last seconds:eusa_doh: ) Glad it found a good home.

RBH

Bartender
DanielJones said:
This one is my every-day hat that I had Art resurect. It has worked with a Carhartt jacket, a tweed outfit and one of my brocade vested outfits at Christmas. Blue jeans to linen trousers. It has been a very versatile hat to have.
IG039.jpg

Cheers!

Dan

Hey Dan, I like that hat with that jacket almost as much as I like the thin ribbons!
:eek:
wait a minute! Do I have fever... :p
No ..that is a sweet looking fedora. I have tried getting me one ..but alas the bidding went over my head. I WILL KEEP LOOKING!

You are kinda like Douglas.. all of your hats look great on you!

Feraud

Bartender
RBH said:
Wow Feraud ! These Whippets of yours and Dan's are gonna make a wide ribbon lover out of me yet!
Those are some great fedoras !:eusa_clap
Thanks for posting them.
RBH, you need to have at least on wide ribbon in the collection! ;)

This one might be a Whippet too..
Picture5676.jpg

with a very nice ribbon style.
Picture5677.jpg

Mojave Jack

One Too Many
Dan, sweet hats! I like your broader brimmed Whippet better but I'm not much of a stingy brim kinda guy. It sure looks like a good hat though.

Here's my Whippet, in clay:

Whippet02.jpg

Man, what a great hat it is, too. It's been so hot lately, though, (and likely to stay that way) that I've basically put this away for the summer. I only got to wear it twice :( , but I don't want to sweat it all up. It'll come out for a nice evening out with the wife over the summer.

:eek:fftopic: Feraud, what jacket are you wearing with the green Whippet? Looks like a four pocket safari-esque jacket. I like! :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot