Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

At the Dog Track... The Whippets

Feraud

Bartender
Mojave Jack, the jacket is very safari-like. Believe it or not, I bought it at The Gap about 3-4 years ago. They actually sold interesting clothes at one time. :rolleyes: The material is a linen & cotton blend with a waxy finish.
Mojave Jack said:
:eek:fftopic: Feraud, what jacket are you wearing with the green Whippet? Looks like a four pocket safari-esque jacket. I like! :)

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
Thank you for the kind comments here.:) I've seen some stunning Whippets far better than mine. That green job that Feraud has is A1! All in all some very nice looking Whippets racing here today. Although, I haven't seen Douglas win, place or show yet.;)

Cheers!

Dan

Greyish brown:

AllHats8.jpg

Brown:

AllHats2.jpg

Darker Grey:

NewWhip2.jpg

bk

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
Wow! I'm lovin' all of the Whippets posted on this thread! Mighty fine collection, gentlemen! Dan, the light-colored Whippet looks great -- nice lid. Also really like the olive entry, Feraud. Mojave Jack -- the "clay" color is cool, as is the ribbon to go with it. All of these Whippets also appear to be in great condition, as well. Good stuff.

Here is my entry -- judging by some old Stetson ads, this may be a color called "Cadet Blue"...

WhippetCenter.jpg

WhippetProfile.jpg

WhippetLeft.jpg

Cheers,
JtL

Johnnysan

One Too Many
WOW...

Jimmy,

That whippet in cadet blue is the one of the nicest I've ever seen. I'm still searching for one in that color and in my size! GREAT hat! ;)

DOUGLAS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Feraud, I love that green! I also have that same exact jacket although I don't know how to wear it yet.

Feraud

Bartender
DOUGLAS said:
Feraud, I love that green! I also have that same exact jacket although I don't know how to wear it yet.
Thanks Douglas.
The jacket goes with quite a few colors and patterns. I have worn it with officers 'pinks', khaki, brown, and even herringbone pants.

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
Johnnysan said:
Jimmy,

That whippet in cadet blue is the one of the nicest I've ever seen. I'm still searching for one in that color and in my size! GREAT hat! ;)

Many thanks, Johnnysan! Do I recall correctly from my perusal of the FL archives that you have a pretty nice Whippet of your own?

Cheers,
JtL

DOUGLAS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
DJ, you need to look a lot and bide your time. I bought most of my vests years ago and picked some up even if it was too big. I now wear some that I got ten or so years ago. The one I am wearing is crap though, it fits poorly and is a J Crew.

GoneSolo

One of the Regulars
I'm really liking your hats guys! Its funny, the Whippet it sorta hard to come by and look how many there are.

My first (and favorite) vintage hat. Dark Charcoal

Light Tan with maroon ribbon. Also has a different ribbon than usual.

My brown beater.

Light Gray Size 7 Long Oval I might be placing this one in the Classifieds.

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
Wow, with that lineup, you may be King of the Whippets, GoneSolo! Nice lids, but I especially like the light tan with maroon ribbon and gold-looking edge binding -- very cool lid!:eusa_clap

Cheers,
JtL

GoneSolo

One of the Regulars
jimmy the lid said:
Wow, with that lineup, you may be King of the Whippets, GoneSolo! Nice lids, but I especially like the light tan with maroon ribbon and gold-looking edge binding -- very cool lid!:eusa_clap

Cheers,
JtL

Thanks Jimmy! I think that yours in Cadet Blue is MUCH nicer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24