Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Autumnal Thoughts........

And humid as hell...
Weather-dot-com said the humidity was at 70%, but it felt like it was higher.

When my wife and I took our dog out for his walk yesterday evening we agreed that anyone visiting from out-of-state this weekend would see the high prices and feel the humidity, and wonder why anyone would think California was such a good place to live. lol

Weather-dot-com said the humidity was at 70%, but it felt like it was higher.

When my wife and I took our dog out for his walk yesterday evening we agreed that anyone visiting from out-of-state this weekend would see the high prices and feel the humidity, and wonder why anyone would think California was such a good place to live. lol
Humidity would be the least of their bewilderment…….

Matt Crunk

One Too Many
That would mean Paul Rubens would have some sense of history and nuance. Uh, I doubt it. :p

I think you're being a little too critical of Reubens. If you've ever seen one of his very rare interviews given completely out of the Pee Wee character, he's quite reserved and intelligent. He also supposedly has one of the largest private collection of vintage toys.

I personally think Pee Wee's Playhouse is one of the most creative kids shows ever produced, and I once read that Bob Keeshan of Capt. Kangaroo fame shared that sentiment. Heck, I still get a kick out of watching it.

My kids LOVE Pee Wee's Playhouse, we have the box set on DVD. Heck, I was already grown when that show was on, and I loved it.
Funny, but true, I bought Pee Week's Big Adventure for my boy when he was 4, because he loved Pee Wee that show so much. He was so shook up by Large Marge that now, at 8, he still refuses to watch it.

Last edited:
And just like Indiana Jones and fedoras practically any 1930s through 1950s vintage tank bike is now a "Pee Wee Herman bike" to the public at large. :p:eusa_doh:

I used to have a nice red and white Schwinn beach cruiser, not even a tank bike, that folks called a Pee Wee Herman bike. SOMEBODY must've thought it was pretty darn cool, though, because the ****er stole it off my porch.

Formeruser012523

Call Me a Cab
I believe the guy who built the Pee Wee Herman bikes for the movie is in our group. :p

Does he look like that while riding his bike? lol

Speaking from personal experience, people in other states are just as strange as we are; they're just strange in different ways. lol

I resemble that remark.

I used to have a nice red and white Schwinn beach cruiser, not even a tank bike, that folks called a Pee Wee Herman bike. SOMEBODY must've thought it was pretty darn cool, though, because the ****er stole it off my porch.

THAT makes me feel sick. What's wrong with people? :mad:

vintageTink

One Too Many
No way as many different nutso ways. It is like they took all the nuts rom the country and put them in one place. There once was a cohesive California culture---no more after WWII
Growing up I always thought of CA culture like it was in "The Parent Trap" and other films like that. I live here though and I've never seen so many crazies. Ha!

Here's the monthly meeting of the Cyclone Coasters vintage bike group in Long Beach. For those of you who have been to FL/Art Deco Society events at the Queen Mary this area should be familiar to you as Vintage Row. Incidentally, mine is the one with the red tires ('36 Schwinn Cycleplane) fourth from the right.

10514362_322660377909627_4862829662292108378_o.jpg

10549207_322660331242965_3909614632413265259_o.jpg

Last edited:

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
We know it's not in the basement of the Alamo.
Although Mae might want to double check. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran