Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Autumnal Thoughts........

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
A riding mower?! That is cheating!
Save me some brisket and sausage. :p
The brother must have been happy and you were happy to get rid of him. :p
Dropped off his son today, but somehow my wife couldn't find Elgin TX, so we didn't visit the BBQ place I wanted to, and we didn't bring it home for dinner. So what did I have? Ham...blech

Wait. Is it still autumn? I don't pay attention to the "calendar" autumn or winter or whatever.
According to the calendar, winter starts December 21st (at least here in the U.S.). Who decides this stuff, and how/why do they do it? I mean, it's not like Earth's atmosphere is just hanging around thinking, "Oh boy, it's the twenty-first! Time to lower the thermostat and drop some water on the northern hemisphere!"

Justin B

One Too Many
Dropped off his son today, but somehow my wife couldn't find Elgin TX, so we didn't visit the BBQ place I wanted to, and we didn't bring it home for dinner. So what did I have? Ham...blech

Head East out of Austin on 290 and you end up smack in the middle of Elgin. Were you going to Meyer's or Southside?

Formeruser012523

Call Me a Cab
According to the calendar, winter starts December 21st (at least here in the U.S.). Who decides this stuff, and how/why do they do it? I mean, it's not like Earth's atmosphere is just hanging around thinking, "Oh boy, it's the twenty-first! Time to lower the thermostat and drop some water on the northern hemisphere!"

Exactly! It's December. It's winter once the Christmas tree is up. Even when it's 75 outside.

Umm...Gregg...I don't think that qualifies as a "city". ;)

lol Ya beat me to it!

Obviously you don't farm or ranch. :p The light hours in the day are important to those who plant food for a living and also to the circadian rhythms of animals. You have to know when breeding season is so you take very careful measurements of the number of daylight hours or you end up starving. It is all about the number of daylight hours. The winter solstice is the shortest day of the year. Gee, guess what day that is this year. :p That means the days start getting longer and the nights start getting shorter. The nights maybe colder but they are at least shorter.

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
Head East out of Austin on 290 and you end up smack in the middle of Elgin. Were you going to Meyer's or Southside?
Meyers.
We missed 190 somewhere around San Marcos(?) and ended up at the turn to 21 (to go back to Caldwell). Going straight would have taken us to Smithville. I couldn't read the map and drive 77mph at the same time. I know...multitask. 17yrs ago I could do that in a Miata, while eating fries and drinking a coke, despite no cupholder.
I'm giving it another shot Wednesday or Thursday with my FIL as the navigator.
3,000 isn't a city, but then again their Christmas parade (this Friday night) is something to see. The HS band playing Christmas tunes, the Main Square decorated, and Boy Scouts passing out brownies and Hot Chocolate. I missed it last year due to the date, but I'll see it this year.

Meyers.
We missed 190 somewhere around San Marcos(?) and ended up at the turn to 21 (to go back to Caldwell). Going straight would have taken us to Smithville. I couldn't read the map and drive 77mph at the same time. I know...multitask. 17yrs ago I could do that in a Miata, while eating fries and drinking a coke, despite no cupholder.
I'm giving it another shot Wednesday or Thursday with my FIL as the navigator.
3,000 isn't a city, but then again their Christmas parade (this Friday night) is something to see. The HS band playing Christmas tunes, the Main Square decorated, and Boy Scouts passing out brownies and Hot Chocolate. I missed it last year due to the date, but I'll see it this year.

A Miata?! Boy you really like chick cars dude. Saturn, Miata, Neon, pretty soon you will be in a Jetta convertible. :doh::rolleyes:

vitanola

I'll Lock Up
A Miata?! Boy you really like chick cars dude. Saturn, Miata, Neon, pretty soon you will be in a Jetta convertible. :doh::rolleyes:

By "Chick cars" you mean Ladies Motors, presume?

Baker, Rausch and Lang, Detroit, Waverly, mayhap a Chandler with it's "Traffic Transmission"...

He needs to drive what real men drive. Two words: Fleetwood Brougham.

I always thought that "Real Men" disdained machines with self-starters.

Now this is a "Man's Car":

Imagine cranking this 9 liter engine:

Last edited:
He needs to drive what real men drive. Two words: Fleetwood Brougham.

He would wrap that around a pole in a week. Too big. Can't handle it. :p

Speaking of such, going back to work today, I was at a stop sign and a HUGE delivery truck came barreling around the corner. I had to crank the wheel and step on it to get out of the way. The dumbass would have sideswiped me! :mad:
It was so bad and obvious that when the light changed, the guy across the intersection went by me and said “WTF was he doing!” :doh: I said I know but I saved my Brougham. :p

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up

In purple because it's Bieber's favorite color.
My Miata was no chick car, it made many a Mustang GT owner upset to see it still close to them at high speeds. My all time record in it was 133mph, no tail wind or flat highway either.

In purple because it's Bieber's favorite color.
My Miata was no chick car, it made many a Mustang GT owner upset to see it still close to them at high speeds. My all time record in it was 133mph, no tail wind or flat highway either.

That is nothing. I did that in a 57 Chevy with a 327 in it. The trunk lid weighs more than the whole Miata. lol lol
Mustangs are slow junk. If it was a decent Vette then I might be impressed. :p Purple?!:doh::rolleyes: Chick car for sure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy