Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Autumnal Thoughts........

*sigh* I was watching the local news this morning, and during his segment the weatherman said, "We still need more rain, but it'll be nice to get a break after three or four days of it." Barely 30 minutes later he had the nerve to mention the east coast getting slammed by storm after storm after storm. :frusty: Idiot.

*sigh* I was watching the local news this morning, and during his segment the weatherman said, "We still need more rain, but it'll be nice to get a break after three or four days of it." Barely 30 minutes later he had the nerve to mention the east coast getting slammed by storm after storm after storm. :frusty: Idiot.

We always have the "March Miracle" and this crap goes away. He needs to quit smoking dope.:p

GHT

I'll Lock Up
The water shortage situation is not unique to your side of the pond. Here in the UK, we have a definite north/south divide with far more rain falling in the north of the country. Although of late, you might want to bring an ark if you are planning on visiting our sceptred isle. Much has been muted about a national grid to channel water from the plentiful north to the more populated south.
Why on earth do we need to do that? We have a system of canals, constructed at the end of the 18th century, at the birth of the industrial revolution, through which we can easily funnel any amount of water.
Only politicians know how to be extravagant with tax payer's money!

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
I have no copies of either, so I'd have to figure something else out.
Fantastic!
If it involves donuts, I'm in.
Or a cinnamon roll, I haven't had one of those in awhile either.
Dern did it again! ;)
Powers has his staff writing these down I'm sure.

GHT, I'm surprised at that.
As many programs as I've seen of your country, and everything looks green.
Or rainy, one of the two. [huh]
As for the politicians, I can see how their meddling can cause problems.

Last edited:
Well....there's a little town near here that has a butterbean festival every fall, and they always have stuff made out of butterbean flour (who knew??). We went a few years ago and I tried some chocolate chip cookies made with butterbean flour and they didn't suck nearly as bad as I expected them too. I might be willing to try a cauliflower donut. Especially if beer was involved, but I'd need all 4 quarters of it.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
John Frum