Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

AVON anyone?

Lilredrooster

Familiar Face
Im looking for a brick red color from avon, it's so hard to tell the true color from just the little pictures, i like avon because the price is so cheep. im a natural red head and have light skin (as you can tell from my picture) so i dont want anything to bright, any one have any ideas? or if any one uses something other than avon but it's still a cheep price let me know

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Lilredrooster said:
Im looking for a brick red color from avon, it's so hard to tell the true color from just the little pictures, i like avon because the price is so cheep. im a natural red head and have light skin (as you can tell from my picture) so i dont want anything to bright, any one have any ideas? or if any one uses something other than avon but it's still a cheep price let me know

Well what is cheap, in your opinion? Are you talking less than $15? Or less than $5?

I think MAC lipsticks are a great value for their price ($12) - they are high quality, do not test on animals, have great staying power and have that lipstick container recycling program that gets you a free lipstick. "Rage" is a lovely brick color that you would probably like.

Lilredrooster

Familiar Face
KittyT said:
Well what is cheap, in your opinion? Are you talking less than $15? Or less than $5?

I think MAC lipsticks are a great value for their price ($12) - they are high quality, do not test on animals, have great staying power and have that lipstick container recycling program that gets you a free lipstick. "Rage" is a lovely brick color that you would probably like.

i will have to go in and look at MAC, i dont mind spending $10-$15 if it's a good one, but when you can get some avon stuff for under $5.00 how can you say no?

~*Red*~

Practically Family
You may want to try Revlon's Toast of New York
I used that color for years when I was a red head. It's a nice brick red. It is the kind that comes in the black container.

Miss Brill

One Too Many
I don't know if you can tell anything about it, or not, but the Avon's Brick Red that comes in a palette is on the top in this picture (inside of my elbow)--clockwise: Avon's Brick Red, Jordana Radiant Red, and NYC Retro Red:

002-48cixz1oc.jpg

I am very pale olive skinned, with natural dark reddish brown hair that started off as very light red when I was a baby.

ITG

Call Me a Cab
I recently started selling Avon, and bought one of the plump lipsticks in the color Sienna (item# 756-643). It might be what you are looking for. Sienna may not be the right color for you though since you said you have light skin...I do too but love the color. My mom is darker toned than I and she's not fond of it on her. The good thing is the online coloring is pretty close to the real color, unlike the ones I'm about to suggest...don't trust the web pic on the colors on the suggestions below...

I just looked through some samples I had for a brick red color and you might try in the Ultra Rich Color line one of these 2: Crush (item # 342-959) and Elite (item# 343-003).

Ravishing Red (item # 417-172) in the Glazewear Lipstick line.

(Warning: The online colors don't look anything like my samples). You can buy samples online or from your local rep for $.49 each to try out, as well. (one example: item# 921-062).

Oh you may want to look at the My Miracle Lip Color line (long lasting color) for their Auburn Awe color (Item # 927-630)...my only frame of reference is the online color pic.

Fleur de vanité

New in Town
Last year sometime I bought this beautiful color from Mary Kay I believe it's called Crimson,and on me it looks like a brick red.

I still have it and I've only worn it a couple times due to it being so dark.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn