Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

B-3's / B-10's on Ebay?

Edward

Bartender
A Boater with a fur coat? :eusa_doh:

Umm, that is a grey area here.... Bob Dong is a quality maker, but their product lines are somewhat 'similar' to certain brands from Japan and US. The patterns of their repro military jackets look remarkably similar to Buzz Rickson or Real McCoy's, they have a premium footwear line which have styles similar to RedWing and the Whites etc. And last but not least.... denims. But then again, these are not patented designs, if you see them as generic items, Bob Dong do make quality items.

My impresin is that Bob Dong and Bronson are both brands where someone has seen the success of the likes of Buzz and wants some of that action. Maybe they've even heard those of us on here who often wish someone would make a more affordable but decent nylon...

I've yet to buy anything from them myself, but I have handled a wabash denim jacket from Bronson and heard several people, who hold high standards, speak favourably of the bits they own. A little care is needed with the sizing, but otherwise they seem good.

You get what you pay for...

Also, there has been many an instances, where these online Ebay sellers, use pics they have dropped off the inter-web.
So, surprise, surprise when the jacket you receive looks nothing like the Goodwear you thought you were getting for $100.

That's the other animal altogether: many sellers in Pakistan, Indian and China show no shame in taking photos of other people's work, claiming they can make that. What will arrive will be their approximation... but then anyone who thinks they can buy an Aero or Goodwear quality jacket for $100 from Pakistan, or even at double that via a Western mark-up dealer, is either mistaken or not paying attention.

Justhandguns

Practically Family
My impresin is that Bob Dong and Bronson are both brands where someone has seen the success of the likes of Buzz and wants some of that action. Maybe they've even heard those of us on here who often wish someone would make a more affordable but decent nylon...

I've yet to buy anything from them myself, but I have handled a wabash denim jacket from Bronson and heard several people, who hold high standards, speak favourably of the bits they own. A little care is needed with the sizing, but otherwise they seem good.

Some of the Buzz clothing are manufactured in China anyway. China can certainly offer good quality products at a lower price, Bob Dong and Bronson are one of the few exist. I have bought a few denim items from Bronson, when I have a bit more time, I can take some photos of the cutting and stitches of them so you fellows can judge the quality. As for the sizing, you seriously need to one size up (European sizes) or even two if you are used to US sizes.

Edward

Bartender
Some of the Buzz clothing are manufactured in China anyway. China can certainly offer good quality products at a lower price, Bob Dong and Bronson are one of the few exist. I have bought a few denim items from Bronson, when I have a bit more time, I can take some photos of the cutting and stitches of them so you fellows can judge the quality. As for the sizing, you seriously need to one size up (European sizes) or even two if you are used to US sizes.

That's why I want to find somewhere I can try them on first: I seem to be on the borderline as to whether their top end measurements will fit or not.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk