Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Back Lenght on an A2 jacket

ducatimonster

Familiar Face
Hello
Just wanted to read your advice concerning the correct back / sleeve lengt on an A2 jacket
I know this is a personal like , some likes long, some likes shorter.
I´m 5.10 tall, wide shoulders , normal torso, normal arms lenght. My chosen size is a "42
I have seen than the average standard lenghts of the original makers are in the 25-26" range. The Bronco contract ( Aero) is may be the longest with 26.25.
I was thinking 25.5 back lenght and 26" sleeve
Some fitting pics would be very appreciated
What are your thoughts?
Thanks

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
At your height 25.5 inches would-be a reasonable back length - I am 4 inches taller than you and I find 27 inches on a jacket with knits is about right.

Last edited:

Brettafett

One Too Many
I am a trim, broad-shouldered 5'10... And wear a 40 or 42 depending on repro-maker and contract. I had an Aero Bronco, two in fact, one was a 40 with 25" back length, the other was a 40 long, 26" back length. I currently have a couple of AVI Broncos, both 42, both 26" back length (copied off an original, this makes sense, as I am generally a 42 in original A-2s).
As far as original WW2 A-2s... from my limited experience, a 42 should be in the 25" to 26" range, but most likely closer to the 25". Some contracts may be shorter. Usually find sleeve and back length, the same or very similar.
25.5" to 26" back length is good for me. If I had a choice I'd go 26".
I have unusually long arms ;) For sleeves, I need 26" to 26.5".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24