Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bad Book - Better Movie?

Undertow

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Although I've never seen the movie, I bet Cider House Rules was a far better film - the book was one of few that I simply could not get through, regardless of my best attempts. It bored me to tears.

Flat Foot Floey

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Okay, since I caught it on the telly last night - The Road to Wellville. Could not get through the book, as I found the authour's tone, well, just plain mean-spirited, whilst the film was buoyant and kind of sweet and lightly humourous (as sweet as one can be when high colonics are the main action!)). And of course the book didn't have Anthony Hopkins to give it life.
I really like T.C. Boyle books. Well, Iv've read most of them. His humour is rather black, yes. So the movie was more light hearted and I like both.

OK. I agree on Dracula. Away from that I can't think of an example where the movie was better as the book. Yes, some are different and just as good. But better? Hm...

DNO

One Too Many
Jaws. The book threw the mafia into the mix, creating a really muddled plot. The ending was far too "Moby Dick" for my liking. The movie was much better.

The Running Man. Even with Arnie and all, it was a better film than the short story...quite different.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo