Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bad experience with Aero Leathers.

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Thank you very much. Hopefully I can get some form of response.
You should be fine. They are all incredibly nice people there. Keep in mind they are basically a small family run business. Even though I live in Texas, the Calders have become good friends of mine to the extent Ken Calder drove from his home to Invergordon, where my Holland America ship was docked, to bring me my second Sheene. In the picture Ken is wearing a 1950's half belt jacket he made himself years ago.
2016-07-09 14.26.46.jpg

TREEMAN

Call Me a Cab
This is very odd indeed. A year of thinking about it , giving up hope, phone calls and emails , this post , and being incredibly disappointed over the whole thing and you wouldn't drive 30 miles down the road !! Very odd.........indeed!!

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
Certainly odd. I do not own any Aero jackets, but I can't remember ever hearing about anything like this from others. The reputation of Aero's customer service is absolutely stellar.
I assume everything will be fine now that you have the right email addresses. Hopefully they will correct this in the future by having Murray refer customers to Holly or Denny due to how busy he is.

Fonzie

One Too Many
Before everyone jumps to conclusions and start blaming the OP for behaving a certain way, let’s be fair, Aero makes mistakes too.
I love the brand and what they stand for but I feel that it’s becoming a bit of a cult every time someone has a complaint about Aero and most of the regulars jump in straight away to defend the company without knowing the full picture.

It’s not an odd behaviour on the poster’s part at all.
I too would have lost interest and look elsewhere if I felt I was being ignored and certainly would not do a two hour round trip just to check if they got my email.
It’s ridiculous to even suggest that.
Not everyone is so passionate about outerwear and sometimes, a jacket it’s just a jacket. Plenty of other brands out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Peacoat

Bartender
Before everyone jumps to conclusions and start blaming the OP for behaving a certain way, let’s be fair, Aero makes mistakes too.
I love the brand and what they stand for but I feel that it’s becoming a bit of a cult every time someone has a complaint about Aero and most of the regulars jump in straight away to defend the company without knowing the full picture.

It’s not an odd behaviour on the poster’s part at all.
I too would have lost interest and look elsewhere if I felt I was being ignored and certainly would not do a two hour round trip just to check if they got my email.
It’s ridiculous to even suggest that.
Not everyone is so passionate about outerwear and sometimes, a jacket it’s just a jacket. Plenty of other brands out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Agreed. When I read his initial post I had an idea of what would eventually be said in defense of Aero. While my three Aero jackets are spot on, with minimal problems in the ordering process, I imagine it is possible others haven't had the experience I have had. Fanch has been nice enough to give the OP the email addresses of the ones in charge. I imagine it will be sorted out shortly. With Aero it always is.

red devil

My Mail is Forwarded Here
This is very odd indeed. A year of thinking about it , giving up hope, phone calls and emails , this post , and being incredibly disappointed over the whole thing and you wouldn't drive 30 miles down the road !! Very odd.........indeed!!

And what's odd about that?

Ross1993

New in Town

Really? Lets not be silly. Should I really have to drive for two hours just to get a reply from a company who won't respond to numerous phone calls and emails?

Really? Lets not be silly. Should I really have to drive for two hours just to get a reply from a company who won't respond to numerous phone calls and emails?
You most certainly should not. Conversely, I feel sorry for Carrie, who without fail, responds to every single one of my emails, which are often sent in rapid fire, nonsensical fashion. Hopefully this gets straightened out for you and you get the jacket you are after. I'm fairly certain they will be reaching out to you in the very near future.
I had a similar experience with Vanson. They lost my order after sending me a fit jacket and the finished product was received only after a full 1.5 year wait.

TREEMAN

Call Me a Cab
YES !! Firstly because YOU want a " world class leather jacket " and also you should have realized there was just a minor screw-up in communication. I live in Connecticut and drove to Schott in lower Manhattan ( 2 hours each way ) twice. The first jacket was a size too large. I also drove to Vanson's warehouse in Massachusetts to order a jacket which is 3 1/4 hours each way. If you would have got up off your ass you would have your jacket and this thread would not exist. I do not own an Aero jacket and I am not a fan boy !!

Peacoat

Bartender
Wow! Yes, Van, ridiculous X 10.

I sent Holly a PM, but she hasn't signed in since December 10, 2017. Someone who has her, or Ken's email address might send them a message letting them know there is a problem and referencing this thread. I'm surprised they haven't seen it yet.

TREEMAN

Call Me a Cab
Get some help now !! Before it gets so bad you won't have the energy to post at all...forget about driving anywhere!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21