Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bad experience with Aero Leathers.

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
This thread is in danger of becoming like the classified ad!

Where did that one go btw? I feel deprived of my daily dose of wtf moments. :D

On a more serious note, I find it most troubling that the atmosphere on the Lounge turned so hostile lately, so many folks having beef here lately, a few have already been named out.. I think to best enjoy this place everyone of us has to aknowledge none of us is without fault, ignore others worst to enjoy their best and focus on improving one owns behavior rather than picking on others. Just as Hemingway said;

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.

On a more serious note, I find it most troubling that the atmosphere on the Lounge turned so hostile lately, so many folks having beef here lately, a few have already been named out.. I think to best enjoy this place everyone of us has to aknowledge none of us is without fault, ignore others worst to enjoy their best and focus on improving one owns behavior rather than picking on others. Just as Hemingway said;

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.
Couldn't agree more JJ. This is supposed to be fun, not contentious. Of course we won't all agree all the time but it's how we choose to disagree that sets the tone for this place. If you want to be an internet Chuck Norris, the comments section of YouTube awaits.

SkyTurtle

Familiar Face
It's very easy for us to believe the marketing hype that says CS is so important to every business that all they'll do is sit around waiting for our emails so they can respond instantly. If Aero is anything like Vanson, manufacturing top quality product is slightly more important than putting on a stellar customer service show. I've had very pleasant email conversations with the people at both Vanson and Aero, but I've seen black holes where responses are few and far between. That's OK because they're probably out in the shop making their jackets better.

On the other hand, Carrie at Thurston Bros. has made a business out of streamlining the ordering pipeline and responds almost instantly to the craziest requests. So I do all my ordering through her. Even if the price was a little higher it's still worth it to get her expertise and advice. She's not busy making the jacket so she doesn't seem to mind spending the extra time on CS.

If I were the OP and I lived a day-trip away from the factory. I'd drive down. If you're going to make two trips to get leather samples and tea, why not make a third trip down to finalize the purchase?

As Roone Arledge (father of Monday Night Football) famously said, "I don't trust anyone who has time to return phone calls." :)

Peacoat

Bartender
It's very easy for us to believe the marketing hype that says CS is so important to every business that all they'll do is sit around waiting for our emails so they can respond instantly. If Aero is anything like Vanson, manufacturing top quality product is slightly more important than putting on a stellar customer service show. I've had very pleasant email conversations with the people at both Vanson and Aero, but I've seen black holes where responses are few and far between. That's OK because they're probably out in the shop making their jackets better.

On the other hand, Carrie at Thurston Bros. has made a business out of streamlining the ordering pipeline and responds almost instantly to the craziest requests. So I do all my ordering through her. Even if the price was a little higher it's still worth it to get her expertise and advice. She's not busy making the jacket so she doesn't seem to mind spending the extra time on CS.

If I were the OP and I lived a day-trip away from the factory. I'd drive down. If you're going to make two trips to get leather samples and tea, why not make a third trip down to finalize the purchase?

As Roone Arledge (father of Monday Night Football) famously said, "I don't trust anyone who has time to return phone calls." :)
I have made two purchases through Carrie and Wade and found the price to be the same as the Aero price. It's been a couple of years since my last purchase so things may have changed. But even so, it is well worth it.

kowalski

Practically Family
Generally, I have in my nose character of the manufacturer, it's just a man with many matters in head, it is a man , not robot.
The most important thing is it, that he produces excellent jackets imho.

El Marro

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I have had the same experience with Carrie and Thurston Bros. When I went to order my first Thedi jacket recently I contemplated ordering directly from Theodoros because I figure it would save me a bit of money. In the end I decided that getting a great fit was far more important to me than saving money and Carrie has always come through big time in that regard.

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here

Have you visited virtually any other forum on the internet?

On its absolute worst day, TFL is a million times nicer and more polite a place to hang out.

Its saddening that internet anonymity brings out such deplorable and rude behaviour in people.....makes you depressed for the future of humanity if that's what people are "really" like.

Sorry for the derail.

Ross1993

New in Town
I actually do want to hear from the OP as to why he didn't drive 30 miles to check it out with Aero.
This is the second 'I've had a problem with Aero, did you speak to them, no I didn't', thread this month.
Please, satisfy my curiosity.
Maybe you misread my post by I did try and speak to Aero on multiple occasions by phone and email.

Never did it even cross my mind that I should have to make yet another two hour journey to collar Murray myself and check he got the email detailing the leather choice.

Driving down to the borders not only costs money but also time which, as an engineering student, isn't exactly in abundance. Surely when it comes to something like this a phone call (or three) should suffice?

Big J

Call Me a Cab
@Ross,
Hi, thanks for commenting. I owe you an apology, my comment was ill-worded. Of course, you already kind of explained that.
My comment was more directed to those who thought that you shouldn't have been asked why you didn't go back to Aero in person again.
Your explanation is absolutely reasonable (if it was me, and my first experience with Aero, I might have given up on them and gone to ELC), but I honestly think that asking why you didn't go back is also a fairly reasonable question that is neither insulting to you nor snarky.
Fair question, fair answer IMHO.

cloudylemonade

A-List Customer
Thanks for your email, and glad to be able to help move things along with this order. I think some technical glitches might have been part of whats gone wrong here, plus the fact that Murray isn't usually involved in customers orders - but as I explained in my email, not making excuses. Hopefully we can resolve things quickly for you now :)

In future, if anyone is having any problems with things please do email me directly on holly@aeroleatherclothing.com and I'll do my best to help you out- sometimes emails do slip through the cracks, but if you're left waiting too long just let us know!

Powerband

Practically Family
I figured it’s a technical mishap. I also can understand the OP’s delay in posting his experience. He made an initial inquiry with a company, but further contact was lost; there was no payment made and life gets busy, and so the whole thing moved down the priority scale until he was reminded a year later of the dropped communication.

Hopefully, with a bit of patience and amending efforts, things get resolved and he gets an awesome jacket. I’m sure he wasn’t holding his breath the entire time, and he’ll enjoy the jacket if he proceeds to purchase one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Big J

Call Me a Cab
Well, I might be rude my accident, and direct on purpose but I don't want to be aggressive, so I'll be keeping an eye on that.

And dudewuttheheck is right; Holly from Aero saw the thread, and got in touch with the OP, so all's well.

Harris HTM

One Too Many
Keep us informed about the progress Ross, and please post fit pics when you do receive the jacket. Good luck with the engineering studies, not the easiest or best paying but you will enjoy your future job, believe me, fellow engineer here.

Mark

Practically Family
Have you visited virtually any other forum on the internet?

On its absolute worst day, TFL is a million times nicer and more polite a place to hang out.

Its saddening that internet anonymity brings out such deplorable and rude behaviour in people.....makes you depressed for the future of humanity if that's what people are "really" like.

Sorry for the derail.
This is so true, TFL is one of the better places on the Internet to hang out. I have to confess my behaviour on social media sites has not always been great but i am getting better these days!

Fonzie

One Too Many
@Fonzie,
Thank you for your kind reply. I'm sorry if I caused offense and hope that you'll forgive me.
According to the moderators I've been reported 7 times (IIRC) for being 'aggressive', so I haven't got any sense of humor whatsoever on TFL anymore.

@Big J, there’s nothing to apologise for, I’ve found you a bit on the rude side sometimes, but never offensive.
I am at times misunderstood as rude and harsh too, probably consequence of my Spanish accent and Latin background living amongst mostly Anglo-Saxon heritage folk in Australia, but also because I always speak my mind and don’t shy away from confrontation if I feel I’m being wronged, but it’s always coming from an honest place, trying to be true to myself and never to hurt others.
I can’t stand flaky and fake people, it’s the polar opposite of my code of ethics in my journey through life.
I prefer people to dislike the real me, than they like a fake version.
In words of Winston Churchill:
“You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana