Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bad experience with Aero Leathers.

Ross1993

New in Town
I’d been keen to get a good leather jacket for some time and after doing some research I had decided to go with AERO as I’d heard consistently good things and conveniently they were based only about 30 miles down the road from where I live.

I made a trip down to Galashiels in October of 2016 and found the place. Upon going in we were warmly greeted by Murray who proceeded to offer refreshments and then took us on an extensive tour of the factory. Once the tour was over Murray talked me through the various jackets and leathers to choose from and we narrowed it down to a G1 or an A1 style jacket, I must have spent the good part of two hours trying on jackets and looking at swatches. Ensuring there was no pressure and to have a think about it Murray sent me away with a handful of leather and knit samples. I was incredibly impressed with the service.

A week later after having narrowed my choice down further to an AN-J-3 I made a subsequent trip down to the factory where, after deciding on a size and the correct alterations, Murray filled out the order form however leaving the colour blank as I was still to decide on either Dark Seal or Seal Italian horsehide and I said I would email with my choice in a couple of days, at which point the jacket would go into production.
This is where things seem to fall apart. I email Murray on the Monday with my choice - Seal Italian Horsehide with Dark Brown knits. A few days go by with no response.
I decide after getting no reply I better phone, so I ring up and I’m told Murray isn’t in but has seen my email and will be in touch, no worries, I can wait.
Another week passes, still nothing. I phone again and I’m told the same thing, Murray has just nipped out I’ll get him to phone you when he’s back.
A further week passed and I’m losing hope, I decide to phone one last time and explain what has happened, they apologise profusely and tell me that that THIS TIME he’ll phone, I ask if there is a time I can phone and he will be there but they don’t know when that will be. I decide to give up hope.
One year on I was thinking about the whole saga and decide to shoot them an email explaining this and ask what went wrong on this occasion. No reply.
I’m so incredibly disappointed by the whole thing, I was so excited to have a world class leather jacket maker not too far away and this ends up being the result, a complete waste of two trips down to the borders and a waste of my time.
Has anyone else had an experience like this with Aero?

Mich486

One Too Many
Never dealt with Murray personally but it sounds a bit of a weird story. Why wouldn’t they want to make you a jacket?!

So after a year you still haven’t finalise your order with them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

seres

A-List Customer
Reading between the lines, your face-to-face visits were very satisfactory, but your emails and phone calls went unanswered. So why didn’t you just drive down to Galashiels and straighten things out?

Ross1993

New in Town
Never dealt with Murray personally but it sounds a bit of a weird story. Why wouldn’t they want to make you a jacket?!

So after a year you still haven’t finalise your order with them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well that was my thinking, surely they wouldn't turn away business? Nope, nothing ever materialized.

Ross1993

New in Town
Reading between the lines, your face-to-face visits were very satisfactory, but your emails and phone calls went unanswered. So why didn’t you just drive down to Galashiels and straighten things out?
I see where you're coming from but doesn't it seem excessive to make a two hour round trip to get an response?

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
If I'm not mistaken, Murray Gladstone is the highly capable cutter at Aero. Why don't you attempt to contact Denny Calder for assistance in ordering your jacket?

bn1966

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I like your choice, the ANJ-3 is a favourite of mine, some of the simple virtues of an A-2 combined with the finesse of the G-1 :)

seres

A-List Customer
I see where you're coming from but doesn't it seem excessive to make a two hour round trip to get an response?

I have several Aero jackets, and they’re all first rate. If I lived as close, even if I lived in the same country, I would make that journey. The trip would be worth it in the end.

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Murray's a stand-up guy, but also extremely busy as a main cutter. I'm sure this is an oversight on his part. I would definitely contact Denny or Holly.

I am in complete agreement with what @Sloan1874 just said. Murray is, in fact, a stand-up guy that likely got busy and simply overlooked your inquiries. He is primarily a technician and feel certain what happened to you was far from his intention. I will say Murray did help me immensely when I was in the process of selecting brown FQHH for my Teamster a few years ago. Denny and Holly are the contact people at Aero and advise you to contact either one of them to expedite your order.

Ross1993

New in Town
I am in complete agreement with what @Sloan1874 just said. Murray is, in fact, a stand-up guy that likely got busy and simply overlooked your inquiries. He is primarily a technician and feel certain what happened to you was far from his intention. I will say Murray did help me immensely when I was in the process of selecting brown FQHH for my Teamster a few years ago. Denny and Holly are the contact people at Aero and advise you to contact either one of them to expedite your order.

One does wonder if he should be dealing with orders at all if that's likely to happen? Now i'd understand i'd maybe contacted the wrong person if I had been dealing with various people during the process but I had literally not spoken to a single other Aero employee during this time, all my dealings were with Murray.

Is there a specific email for Denny or Holly as even my emails to their main 'enquiries' email address were ignored?

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I've had a few emails go missing when I emailed Aero, I guess they get a LOT and if for some reason it goes into a junk folder its lost into the ether. Its just easier for me to go through Thurston now so I don't bother anymore.

If I lived 30 minutes away I'd just head on down there.

l0fielectronic

Practically Family
I thought perhaps you meant October of 2017 in you first post but then on seeing your other response you agree it was over a year ago. Just it seemed a little odd to sit on things for so long and then start a thread on here about it.

I hope it works out and you manage to get what you want.

Ross1993

New in Town
I thought perhaps you meant October of 2017 in you first post but then on seeing your other response you agree it was over a year ago. Just it seemed a little odd to sit on things for so long and then start a thread on here about it.

I hope it works out and you manage to get what you want.

Yeah, I agree it probably seems odd from an outside perspective.

I was just prompted to post when I came across my final email to them a year after the whole thing which was cc'd to Murray and Enquiries which was also ignored. I wanted to find out if this was a common thing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran