Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

baggy buttton down

hatflick1

Practically Family
Any Loungers remember the label often advertised in the back of the New Yorker known as the Baggy Button Down? It was indeed a baggy cotton dress shirt which came in a shirt fabric, draw string bag. I had owned two way back when. They were a great compliment to sport with well worn jeans. Now I can find neither a current listing nor any history of the company.(Might be a great idea to bring back and wear with a pair of Bill's Khakis).

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
B.D. Baggies shirts came in a small laundry bag which had a swatch of the enclosed shirting sewn on for identification. IIRC, they were a homage to the old Brooks Bros. BD's which had been trimmed down under Marks & Spencer ownership. They were manufactured by Enro.

They were out of business for a while but the label is being resuscitated as we speak.

xcubbies

New in Town
Mercer and Sons still advertises in the New Yorker and is probably the merchant you are thinking about for baggy shirts. I have several and consider them the best quality shirts that I own.

hatflick1

Practically Family
Hey, thanks for the info on Baggy Button Downs. I will check out the New Yorker ads. With any luck, they'll bring the originals back.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
hatflick1 said:
a baggy cotton dress shirt which came in a shirt fabric, draw string bag.

xcubbies said:
Mercer and Sons still advertises in the New Yorker and is probably the merchant you are thinking about for baggy shirts

Mercer markets their shirts with a drawstring bag?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy