Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bailey Orson

BJBAmerica

A-List Customer
Came across this hat while surfing the net.....A Bailey Orson. It's all wool, but just look at that STYLE!!! I really like the look of the Camel colored one.

Think this one will be finding its way to my "Wish List".

Anyone have one?

eaglerich

New in Town
The Orson

The Orson by Bailey was one of the first hats I bought when I first started to wear hats and before I did much research. I bought the black one. I love the look of the hat, but I found the wool felt to be stiff and difficult to reshape. I do wear it occasionally, but I find myself wearing the vintage hats that I bought more recently much more often. I should add that my online purchase of the Bailey through The Fedora Store was a great retail experience.

Jerekson

One Too Many
What is the brim width?

Maybe it's just the picture, but it looks like that brim is too narrow for the tall crown.

BJBAmerica

A-List Customer
Jerekson said:
What is the brim width?

Maybe it's just the picture, but it looks like that brim is too narrow for the tall crown.

Brim on this one is 2 1/8"......Too small, you think?

mingoslim

Practically Family
Every so often . . .

Every so often I get sucked into buying a wool hat . . . They look so good, they seem reasonably priced, and I convince myself that this time will be different . . .

But ultimately, I am always disappoihnted . . . They do look good . . . but they do not wear well.

My complaints: They do not hold up . . . once someone dings it, dents it, or some other mishap comes about, they simply do not refurbish well . . .

They look great because they are so stiff . . . Like a plastic statue of a hat, and often to the point where they are uncomfortable to wear . . .

They are hot . . . I mean any felt (except my Art Fawcett Tropicaire) will make my head sweat in summer . . . but these suckers simply do not seem to breathe well any time.

And let me assure you . . . I am not a clothes snob, per se . . . I do not go for name brands, nor high sticker items . . . I can not beleive that people pay $10, $20, even $40 for a t-shirt at the mall, when I can get a pack of three at the discount store for $5 bucks on sale . . . I do not dress vintage, and I do not own a suit that cost of $100 at Value City . . .

I simply wear hats every single day, and have come to realize that quality really does make a difference . . .

That is not to say that I will not get "suckered" again by some good looking wool hat . . . But I know better . . .

If you are going to wear a hat once a week . . . or only on special nights out . . . and you do not want to invest too much . . . a $30 wool should fill the bill . . . but otherwise, I would save my $$$ for something better . . .

Yohanes

One of the Regulars
Umm, that's why I always choose wool hat of the packable and crushable type... they're not stiff at all... but talking about hot, indeed, well, can't escape it:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy