Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Barbara Feinman Hats

Lincsong

I'll Lock Up
I was reading the March issue of ForbesLife magazine and there was a mini article about the New York Hatter, Barbara Feinman. She said that when she started in 1998 there were "almost no men (clients) at all" and that men in their 20s, 30s and 40s form a healthy segment of her clientele. Has anyone bought one of her hats? Have any of our New York Loungers been to her store in the East Village?

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
I can't see anyone buying her men's hats. They're both stunningly ugly and incredibly expensive.
$250
537m_1l.jpg

$195
482m_2l.jpg

$210
468dm_1l.jpg

$195
407m-1l.jpg

Lincsong

I'll Lock Up
Good Lord almighty!!!!:eek: What an ugly set of hats. What was Forbes thinking???? It was just a column with a couple stingy brimmed hats for examples. Ugh. Now I know I won't check out her site.:eusa_doh:

GratefulDawg

New in Town
I have a friend who works at Barbara Feinman, and I've bought several house-made hats for my lady. Today, I picked up this custom-made pork pie inspired by a hat worn by Marcelo Mastroianni in Ieri, oggi, domani (Yesterday, Today, Tomorrow).

IMG_1113cropped-1.jpg

IMG_1110cropped-1.jpg

Last edited:

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Yeah, I've got a big head (gotta fit in all that brain), so I can't do wide brims.
Hat size is not included in the criterion used for choosing a hat. ;) Your face can easily accommodate a larger brim and crown.

Last edited:

job

One Too Many
Looks like a woman's Hat. I guess I'm just too old fashioned. But that's what I love about fedora's in general.

GratefulDawg

New in Town
I can't see anyone buying her men's hats. They're both stunningly ugly and incredibly expensive.

In this shop's defense (because they are getting killed on here), the original poster found four of their ugliest hats and posted them on here (yes, these are hideous). They don't have anything like any of these even on display in the store.

I'm thrilled with my pork pie, regardless of what the traditionalists think. They made it exactly to my specifications, and it looks great.

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
Are the photos you posted mirror reflections? If not, the bow is on the "woman's side" of the hat, not on the left, or "man's side."

marshack

New in Town
I want to support you as well Dawg

I've seen enough "traditional" hats, that do not look right on people, that get nothing but praise.

We're not a big enough group in the world to start snobbishly pushing people out due to the size of their brim.

While I don't think that my 7 3/4 "mellon" would fit into any of these hats, I've been looking for something a little more casual like these hats.

I've been looking for someone that make hats with the same fur felt that James Taylor used in this hat and it looks like she does.

JT_bio.jpg

278m_1l.jpg

636_1l.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff