Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

BBC "Custer's Plan"

Harp

I'll Lock Up
Custer divided his command, and was consequently destroyed
by an equally mobile and numerically superior enemy force.

Sitting Bull had a plan.

SPIKE

New in Town
"Custer's Plan" can now be viewed in 9 parts on youtube. Punch in BBC and the title. All of the principal actors except one are wearing my hats!

Vladimir Berkov

One Too Many
What is the story behind the slouch hat with the sides turned up so it looks like a Napoleonic-era naval fore-and-aft hat? Was that based on some historical photo?

Jack Scorpion

One Too Many
That sounds pretty good.

Lately there have been many billboards around LA for BBC's new Robin Hood ... I don't know much about it ... but with how much I enjoy the HBO/BBC series Rome, I was planning on giving Robin Hood a chance. Wild West sounds like another similar series.

SPIKE

New in Town
US Army regulation slouch hat

The slouch hat used by the US Army during the 1876 Indian Wars campaign was the model 1872 (sometimes mistakenly refered to as the "Andrews" hat) It had 2 hooks & eyes used fore & aft to pin the hat up when it was windy or not too sunny. The Troopers HATED IT!!!!!! It was made of cheap material and became shapeless after several rains. It was black and absorbed heat. Three Companies with Custer wore an experimental white hat ( Companies C,E, and L ) and many troops wore private purchass non-regulation hats or caps. There was a sutlet set up on the Yellowstone river with a large number of straw hats. He sold out in minutes. We tried to capture the look in our film.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner