Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Beauty accidents...

Smuterella

One Too Many
KittyT said:
Oh no no no. If only you knew!

I'm sorry to hear that KittyT, I was hoping my series of mishaps and accidents (many more not beauty related) would be using up a goodly portion of the Friday 13th karma.

The Shirt

Practically Family
I've glued my finger to the center of my forehead and had to get it cut apart by a student in the middle of the night with an exacto knife.

I also went bowling after getting my first set of acrylic nails. As they flew across the lanes I could be heard screaming new versions of cuss words that bear/bare no repeating.

But those are not really beauty things.

I once decided that in the middle of winter my arm hair was too dark with the sleeveless gown I wanted to wear. Instead of bleaching it like a normal person I decided to simply shave it off since I was in a rush. 2 days later I had black stubble that itched so bad I woke up in a rash of red blotches with little black hairs in it. Not a pretty few weeks of that.

MissHannah

One Too Many
I have quite a lot of dark arm hair which I used to bleach, but when I started work in a live music venue with UV lights I discovered to my horror that it glowed bright green!!!

Also, once when I was about 14 and hated my thick dark eyebrows, I got fed up with plucking and thought maybe bleaching the bits I wanted gone would work. Needless to say I ended up with a stripe of yellow eyebrow.

Joie DeVive

One Too Many
The Shirt said:
I've glued my finger to the center of my forhead and had to get it cut apart by a student in the middle of the night with an exacto knife.

Just for everyone's future notice, super glue can often be unstuck with nail polish remover, though this technique should not be used near eyes or mouths. It will also take permanent marker off some non-porous surfaces. :D

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Joie DeVive said:
Just for everyone's future notice, super glue can often be unstuck with nail polish remover, though this technique should not be used near eyes or mouths. It will also take permanent marker off some non-porous surfaces. :D

I have also used it to clean hair dye stains off of my hands. Note that it should be remover with acetone in it.

The Shirt

Practically Family
You do crazy things while up for 3 days in the middle of the night at an architecture studio making models. Super glue is one thing - but this was some crazy weird industrial stuff that would stick nearly any 2 substances together in a matter of seconds. We would constantly be cutting our fingers apart from each other, or apart from pieces of balsa wood or chipboard. But I'm pretty sure I was the only one that year that glued myself to my face.:p

I have quite a lot of dark arm hair which I used to bleach, but when I started work in a live music venue with UV lights I discovered to my horror that it glowed bright green!!!

I would have just died. That is hilarious sweetie!

miserabelle

One of the Regulars
I overplucked my eyebrows recently and now the one just won't grow back right, very very grr.

I've stabbed my eye with mascara before, not enough to do any injury but definitely enough to get a huge black stain on my eyeball lol xxxx

Smuterella

One Too Many
Magpie Annie said:
Smuterella, after all of this I think you need a hug!!!! Hope you avoid insects/makeup/bleach/ERs for the next few days!!! xo

Thanks sweetie

no more mishaps so far and both eyes appear to be back to normal.

huzzah!

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Smuterella said:
last night during getting my roots done the bleach made my scalp feel like a thousand bitey ants where all over my scalp.

Hey girl, I'm going to recommend a product to you that I use every time I bleach. It's by Bio-Kur and it's called Care and Comfort. It's a bleach additive. You just add a packet or two (and they're very inexpensive) to your bleach and it keeps it from burning your scalp!

desi_de_lu_lu

Practically Family
Ok, whomever thought that mascara on the hair thing, you know for roots...was a *good* idea..

was stark raving mad! That is the worst thing I have done, even though by accident...to my hair. I had to cut a clump out. :rage: :rage: :rage:

Smuterella

One Too Many
KittyT said:
Hey girl, I'm going to recommend a product to you that I use every time I bleach. It's by Bio-Kur and it's called Care and Comfort. It's a bleach additive. You just add a packet or two (and they're very inexpensive) to your bleach and it keeps it from burning your scalp!

ooh, I'm going to Sally's this week so I'll be sure to pick some of this up. does it affect the bleaching time at all?

thanks!

jayem

A-List Customer
I consider this an accident...

After telling my friend about the wonders of cold cream (you know, the $7 a tub Pond's stuff...) she calls me up and tells me it's wonderful, but "so expensive!". I curiously ask what she means by expensive... and she says "Well, at Bath and Body Works I paid $25 for the cold cream mask. It works well, but this better last me forever." Silly girl.

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
GRrrr!! So this is a fashion accident I think, but I just pierced my tongue halfway through!! I am sewing this dress, and I had a needle between my lips, and I jam my hand into it, and the neddle goes into my tongue.. :rage: :rage: I am so clumsy these days..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy