Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Beauty accidents...

ShesSoVaVaVoom

One of the Regulars
quite some time back I was running late for work (as usual) and just about to fix my bandana, but before that wanted to fix my pomp. went to grab my comb and run it through my hair when it felt a little tough, almost like a knot in my hair, I look down and noticed the lid was off the jar of vaseline, and my comb somehow got knocked into it. I had a big clump of vaseline in my hair and about 10 minutes to get to work! I wiped what I could out, and had shiney petroleum hair the rest of the day lol

once tried to use my amazing black eyeshadow as a wet/dry liner, and didn't notice the little flecks dropping onto my cheeks, after the make-up was all said and done, I tried to wipe some blush off, and got zebra stripes on my face, had to take off half my make-up and re-do it.

good times. hehe

mackenzie

Familiar Face
once I wanted to wax my bikiniline by myself. I got very sensitive skin so I ended up with a black bruise for two weeks. And the hairs were still there....
Needless to say, i didn't go swimming....

artful dodgette

One of the Regulars
ok, i think this is one of the worst!!!

my friend i lived with at uni had a shaving accident!

we were all in the garden enjoying some pimms, and she went upstairs to get a shower ready for her date, she was shaving her armpits, and slipped in the shower, ans shaved her nipple off!!!!!!!!!! ouch!

she passed out due to realising what she'd done, we all heard the thud! so our boyfriends had to help us get her out of the shower!

needless to say it has fully grown back! hurrah!:eusa_clap

Vix Vixen

Familiar Face
MY, what an accident! i did something similar to that when I was about 11 years old. I was shaving my legs in the shower. I was a newb at it so I was still unfamiliar with positions (lol as if shaving is SOO complex). I was shaving standing up. My body was facing forward but my upper body was sort of turned to the left. I was reaching back so I can shave the back of my legs. I was in such an uncomfortable position. Then my sister walked into the bathroom and, I don't remember what she did exactly, but she did something to scare the crap out of me [ahh the joys of having siblings...]. Being startled, I jerked my hand. I ended up shaving a chunk of the skin of my calf off. It's been 9 years and a scar is still there. I hardly shave now bcuz hardly any hair grows anymore [odd...], but when I do, I have more common sense to just pivot my legs to the left and bend down to shave the back of my legs rather than pivoting my whole upper body to try to get the back of my legs...sounds so ridiculous now that I think of it. How stupid...

ShesSoVaVaVoom

One of the Regulars
kind of a post accident, I think I posted this in another thread too.

yesterday I was driving to work, having my smoke, and rushing like always. something flies into my right eye, or an eyelash falls off, I have no idea but it hurts, so I'm driving with my right eye closed, still smoking my cigarette, rubbing my right eye that's tearing up a whole lot, still driving like I normally do (which isn't a good thing when I'm rushing). finally when I'm a block awasy from work I get whatever it was out of my poor eye, and all of the make up is rubbed off my right eye, all the shadow, my mascara, which is partially on my cheek and temple by that point. lol it almost looked like I got into a fight.

I rubbed off what I could of my left eye too, so it wouldn't be so uneven... good thing my eyebrows were still intact!

LelaViavonie

Practically Family
ShesSoVaVaVoom said:
kind of a post accident, I think I posted this in another thread too.

yesterday I was driving to work, having my smoke, and rushing like always. something flies into my right eye, or an eyelash falls off, I have no idea but it hurts, so I'm driving with my right eye closed, still smoking my cigarette, rubbing my right eye that's tearing up a whole lot, still driving like I normally do (which isn't a good thing when I'm rushing). finally when I'm a block awasy from work I get whatever it was out of my poor eye, and all of the make up is rubbed off my right eye, all the shadow, my mascara, which is partially on my cheek and temple by that point. lol it almost looked like I got into a fight.

I rubbed off what I could of my left eye too, so it wouldn't be so uneven... good thing my eyebrows were still intact!

:p :p OH MY... I feel your pain.. I have done that.. tooo many times to count.

Goooood thing u got it out of your eye..!!

Vix Vixen

Familiar Face
ShesSoVaVaVoom said:
once tried to use my amazing black eyeshadow as a wet/dry liner, and didn't notice the little flecks dropping onto my cheeks, after the make-up was all said and done, I tried to wipe some blush off, and got zebra stripes on my face, had to take off half my make-up and re-do it.

There's actually a good trick to that. I learned it from a make-up book. after setting your foundation and whatnot with powder, put some more powder (more than usual) under your eye and cheek area so that when things like this happen, you just brush off the excess powder (I like to use Besame's translucent powder or coty's). The eyeshadow dust/flecks will get brushed off with it. I hope explained it well enough to make sense....

ShesSoVaVaVoom

One of the Regulars
Vix Vixen said:
There's actually a good trick to that. I learned it from a make-up book. after setting your foundation and whatnot with powder, put some more powder (more than usual) under your eye and cheek area so that when things like this happen, you just brush off the excess powder (I like to use Besame's translucent powder or coty's). The eyeshadow dust/flecks will get brushed off with it. I hope explained it well enough to make sense....

definately! I will try that next time lol unless I want to be wildlife for halloween next year of course!

Vix Vixen

Familiar Face
idealy, you would do foundation (and powder to set it) first because it acts as a primer and gets the eyeshadow to stay in place and prevents it from creasing. its also (for its original purpose) to even out your skintone so you have a nice clean canvas for your coloration (applying blush, eyeshadow, etc...) I like to think of foundation as a base. not to go against you miss neecerie, but ur advice is kinda like applying blush before foundation.

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
See...this is what -eyeshadow primer- is for. Even if you use foundation as eyeshadow primer....you can just do your eyes.

Prime the eyes....but not the rest of the face....do the eye makeup....then you wipe off any spills before you prime the face, do blush, etc.....

All I was suggesting is that you -finish- the eye area before you do the face, since there is nothing like dropping a blob of mascara or eyeshadow right on that lovely canvas of your cheek.....

Vix Vixen

Familiar Face
I'm sorry. I sounded a bit rude. I sound like a smarty pants in the way I responded. Anywho, what I meant was (well its personal preference anyway)...uh

I have uneven skin and if I were to do my eyes first, it'd be weird because it's like putting blush first and applying the foundation around it. I don't feel like the makeup would be blended in well and therefore I'd look like some kind of art project. But of course, this is my own personal preference. What works for others might not for another.

Lillemor

One Too Many
Soooo.....after seeing the photo I just uploaded in 'Powder Room' (taken Friday) and realizing how crazy my brows look especially if I'm unconsciously mimicking with that part of my face, I decided to pluck and shape my brows on a whim some time after midnight, with disastrous results.

They're still different shapes and now I think I may have thinned the width too much on the part close to my nose. I can't remember ever having gone to such extremes before.

I don't know if my plan to ignore my brows for the next 2-3 months will be enough to at least grow them back to their natural width and shape?

Has anyone ever plucked their brows once and not have them grow back?

What can someone with black brows do to distract people's attention from their brows? Deep eyeshadow on the lids and lipstick? Thank goodness I need to wear my glasses.

dsc03813cx9.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I don't know how visible it is to the casual observer. This was from earlier today.

Pre impulse mistake:

Miss Caroline

Familiar Face
They look absolutely FINE! really. I can't notice a difference at all. if you're worried get an eye pencil and lightly draw in the brows to how you want them.:p

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
I second that they look good.

You may see little things wrong in them, but remember, the average passerby has never seen your before eyebrows and so has no idea that there is anything wrong.

to make you feel better, most of the people that i know who had eyebrows -not grow back- had been plucking them down to nothing for -years- before. One incident is -unlikely- to have that same thing happen.

RebeccaMUA

One of the Regulars
Lillemor said:
Soooo.....after seeing the photo I just uploaded in 'Powder Room' (taken Friday) and realizing how crazy my brows look especially if I'm unconsciously mimicking with that part of my face, I decided to pluck and shape my brows on a whim some time after midnight, with disastrous results.

They're still different shapes and now I think I may have thinned the width too much on the part close to my nose. I can't remember ever having gone to such extremes before.

I don't know if my plan to ignore my brows for the next 2-3 months will be enough to at least grow them back to their natural width and shape?

Has anyone ever plucked their brows once and not have them grow back?

Umm...yes. Although I didn't pluck them. My boss at that time "treated" us to a free brow wax from the new waxer at the store. She made them SO thin! I hated them. This was at least 6 years ago and my brows still haven't ever grown in the same. :*(

What can someone with black brows do to distract people's attention from their brows? Deep eyeshadow on the lids and lipstick? Thank goodness I need to wear my glasses.

If you want, you can buy a little bit of facial hair cream bleach (the stuff that some ladies use to bleach their dark facial hair should they not want to wax/thread it) Leave it on your brows for 1-2 minutes and wipe off. It will take that black tinge from your brows and make them a dark brown. I use this method sometimes on models who have super thick dark brows and the photographer wants a certain look that requires slight bleaching. I pick mine up at the local drugstore.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk